Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WIFE GOT HIT TODAY!! (UP-DATE 6-5-08)

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008 | 06:10 PM
monkish
|
Road Master
Default RE: WIFE GOT HIT TODAY!!

As far as the insurance company goes... They have contacted us several times. We have no intention of signing or settling anything on the injury status until we are 100% sure she is OK. We do not want anything more than hospital bills and out of work time as long as there is no complications.

As for the bike... I have thought about it a lot and the only way I will be satisfied is for them to cut me a check for the price of a new bike with every mod done to it that was on my wifes bike. (2/1 thunder header, race tuner, cams, big sucker, detachable passenger back rest, evo 30 tooth sprocket including the labor to install) I am supposed to call the adjuster AFTER I get the estimate from the dealership as they are not qualified to estimate bikes. He will then get with the dealership to discuss it and come up with his offer. But what he will also get is me at the dealership as well. I will let him do his thing and then present him with the sales quote on the new bike and explain that this is the onlyacceptable option. I did not wait 15yrs to ride a reconditioned bike that was caused by someone elses negligence. If he does not agree, it will go legal.

We shall see how this goes. The insurance company is State Farm and I have never had to deal with this before and I hope it goes smooth. My gut is telling me it will not but only time will tell.

Once again thanks for the prayers and advise...

Old 05-30-2008 | 06:10 PM
amike
Road Captain

If she was stupid enough to do something like that, I would own her![:@]Hope your wife does well.

Old 05-30-2008 | 07:35 PM
VicDawg
Cruiser

Prayers for you wife, I'm so happy she was able to survive this in relative good shape, given the speed of the vehicle that hit her. You have way more patience than I do ...... I would have had a "discussion" with that biotch, neighbor or not!

Old 05-30-2008 | 09:33 PM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member

Glad to hear your wife is not too banged up, I wish her a speedy recovery!

Old 05-30-2008 | 09:39 PM
ICEMAN028
Advanced

Godspeed for your wifes recovery!! I have State Farm and they have been pretty fair in my dealings with them in the past. However I would get a good lawyer just in case. I'm glad to know she is still alive. Bikes can be replaced despite what a pain in the **** it is life cannot. All the best for a speedy recovery.

Old 05-31-2008 | 12:57 AM
towboattrash34
Banned

glad she is still around.... damn people.opps i did not see you.... sue the **** out of her

Old 05-31-2008 | 05:16 PM
steelhead
Road Master

Hoping your wife makes a 100% recovery and a quick one too.

Old 05-31-2008 | 05:26 PM
pandol34
Tourer

Best of luck, prayersand hopes for a speedy recovery!

Old 05-31-2008 | 05:33 PM
bikergeoff
Road Master

Just sent up a prayer for a full and quick recovery. Also, happy anniversary.

Old 05-31-2008 | 05:50 PM
Sam
Elite HDF Member

I know how you feel Joe....(I almost lost my wife last yr in a bike accident).............I am really glad Melinda is going to be okay. She will be in our prayers.

Quick Reply: WIFE GOT HIT TODAY!! (UP-DATE 6-5-08)