Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WIFE GOT HIT TODAY!! (UP-DATE 6-5-08)

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008 | 03:48 PM
soon to be
Road Captain
Default RE: WIFE GOT HIT TODAY!!

prayers said...

Old 06-05-2008 | 04:20 PM
monkish
|
Road Master

The adjuster actually called today and was at the dealership. I met him there and we discussed the situation. He said he would pay the repair bill. I then calmly told him that it was not acceptable. I proceeded to enlighten him on the deliberate actions of their insured, and the only acceptable payout was a check for $24,000 and to smile and walk away. I also explained that I knew he could not authorize that and that is why I was I was being so polite. He will be turning the claim over to another dept that has the ability to offer a settlement other than just fixing the bike. I assured him that legal action was not my intent but I am prepared to do so if needed. To accept a repaired bike if it is our fault is one thing, but not in this case.
&nbsp\\;
Now the important stuff....
The wife has got a herniated disc in her neck. She will be out of work and on streoid packs to see if that helps any until the 17th. We will go back to the doctor then. It is a very good chance (90%)&nbsp\\;that it will require surgery to repair. That will be about 12 weeks out of work for recovery.&nbsp\\;The personal injury part of this is not going to be settled untill after the recovery and we see if she will still be able to&nbsp\\;work without additional pain&nbsp\\;and or limited movement. She has&nbsp\\;had c4 and c5 fused in the past and this one is right above those. She is alive and that is what is most important but the rest of this crap really&nbsp\\;just sucks.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
This too shall pass...&nbsp\\;

Old 06-05-2008 | 04:29 PM
njdiver
Road Captain

Do yourself a big favor and contact a Biker Lawyer, when I got hit last year he got me $90K.&nbsp\\; Hope your wife is OK, I'll say a prayer for her.

Old 06-05-2008 | 05:32 PM
dowork08
Tourer

Stand your ground insurance compies are asses.....they will try to cheat you anyway they can....They would probaly try to put some forigen sazuki parts on it to save a buck.....let you wife know everyones pulling for her....

Old 06-05-2008 | 05:43 PM
omega5m14
Cruiser

I really hate that for you wife.&nbsp\\; Give her my best wishes
and prayers.
You're on the right path.&nbsp\\; Don't sign anything yet, but be
sure to find out the time limits you have to work under. In
TN, it's one year.

Old 06-05-2008 | 07:32 PM
jivo
Club Member

Monkish, prayers from PA that your wife can get back to 100%.&nbsp\\; You're right, the other stuff is just crap.&nbsp\\; Hold your ground, make her pay for her impatience and lack of respect for others.

Old 06-05-2008 | 08:30 PM
Gypsylady
-Moderator-"Wench with a Wrench and Queen of Quips"

Avoiding being hit from behind is what cost me my arm. It was after dark &amp\\; I knew there was an oncoming car but he was far away so I went for the turn to get away from the guy on my tailpipe. Trouble was, he was so close his lights were blinding me in my mirrors so I couldn't see anything. When I went for the turn, the cop took me out. It cost me my Harley, my arm &amp\\; my career (I was an aircraft mechanic). The officer was doing over double the speed limit, no seat belt &amp\\; didn't slow down for a caution light. You know who got the ticket right?
&nbsp\\;
I'm glad your lady came out alive &amp\\; she's in my prayers.

Old 06-05-2008 | 08:42 PM
mchildree
Road Captain

Monkish, just thank God she's alive.&nbsp\\; The back will heal, the insurance co. will pay...all that's temporary.&nbsp\\; Glad to hear she's got relatively minor and non-lifethreatening injuries.

Old 06-05-2008 | 08:47 PM
rbickford
Cruiser

Give her my best.&nbsp\\; My wife talks about riding on her own and sometimes thinking about what could happen, I feel better with her 2 up.

Old 06-05-2008 | 09:00 PM
Noble Jim
Road Master

Dittos to all the well wishes above.

Quick Reply: WIFE GOT HIT TODAY!! (UP-DATE 6-5-08)