Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WIFE GOT HIT TODAY!! (UP-DATE 6-5-08)

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008 | 06:02 PM
wdg
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: WIFE GOT HIT TODAY!!

wish you and your wife the very best. god bless

Old 05-31-2008 | 06:02 PM
StreetGlide2006
Road Warrior

Very sorry to hear that. The good thing is she will heal and ride again. I know how you must feel, my wife rides also and she leaves for work an hour before I do. She to is a very good rider but there are so many unexpected things that can happen. When I go to work and see her bike safely parked at work I have a feeling of relief.
Anyway I hope she heals fast and gets back on 2 wheels soon.

Ride Safe,

Mike

Old 05-31-2008 | 06:17 PM
OregonFXSTC
Road Captain

WOW
I'm glad she is ok.
Prayers for a speedy and full recovery.

Old 05-31-2008 | 07:23 PM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member

Just now reading your post. Glad to hear your wife is okay. Hopefully the bike will be totaled out and you get a new ride soon.

Same thing happened to me a couple of years back, but I was driving my pickup. Was merging into highway traffic and had to stop because of traffic in front of me. Lady coming behind me was looking at the highway traffic to find a slot to merge in and didn't even see the line of cars ahead of her at a full stop. She nailed me from behind. If I'd been on my bike, I wound't be here right now. To me this is one of the most dangerous situations when riding our bikes.

Old 06-05-2008 | 06:53 AM
monkish
|
Road Master

Estimate to repair bike is $9,941.00.
NADA average retail on bike is $15,370.00.
08 replacement with all the same mods is $24,000.00.
Meeting with adjuster tomorrow.
&nbsp\\;
Now for the important stuff... The wife is still in pain in her upper back area. We go today to review the MRI. She has not and will not go back to work until we are sure there is no permanent damage.
&nbsp\\;
Thanks for all the prayers.
&nbsp\\;
Joe

Old 06-05-2008 | 07:18 AM
SGChick
Tourer
Default RE: WIFE GOT HIT TODAY!! (UP-DATE 6-5-08)

Wow! That's scary! Not much more Melinda could have done to protect herself as you said. Glad she's doing ok...It could have been so much worse. Congrats on the many years of marriage...hope you have many more!! Melanie
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-05-2008 | 07:24 AM
06flstf
Tourer

Best wishes to your wife.&nbsp\\; My wife is just starting to ride and I can only imagine what the both of you are going through.&nbsp\\; We hope your wife has a speedy recovery and the favor falls your way when dealing with the insurance company.

Old 06-05-2008 | 07:51 AM
sw8tr8t06
Novice

&nbsp\\; I'm very sorry to here of the accident. I've already prayed for&nbsp\\;your wife&nbsp\\;and will continue to do so. I hope there's a speedy recovery. My wife rides also and the other day as we were stopped at a traffic light. I reminded her to check the rear view constantly until the car behind comes to a complete stop and leave enough space to escape if it dosen't (a reminder for me also).
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\; However, there are some accidents (like your wife's) that catch us by suprise.&nbsp\\;Especially when&nbsp\\;the person has been behind us through the neighborhood and decides to run a stop sign. Glad you're able to share another anniversary.
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
MJ

Old 06-05-2008 | 08:01 AM
Fade2Black
Intermediate

Our prays are with you. We are so greatful it was not worse.

Old 06-05-2008 | 08:02 AM
stukes_md
Tourer

Joe,
&nbsp\\;
I'm sorry to hear that your wife is still in pain from the wreck and hope there is no permanent disability.&nbsp\\; I too was rear-ended back in April but luckily, was not injured.
&nbsp\\;
The repairs were $7,200.00 and it looks like I'll get the bike back tomorrow.&nbsp\\; Good luck with the insurance company and the settlement.&nbsp\\; I had to file through my insurance company to get the repairs going because there were two vehicles behind me that were involved.&nbsp\\; Both of their insurance companies denied my claim saying that it was not the fault of their insured.&nbsp\\; My insurance company is subrogating against both of them.
&nbsp\\;
Best wishes.
&nbsp\\;
Steve

Quick Reply: WIFE GOT HIT TODAY!! (UP-DATE 6-5-08)