Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Glide riding comfort

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008 | 04:46 PM
Redd
Cruiser
Default RE: Road Glide riding comfort

Kinda on the same subject. My wife is short and complains a bit about her legs hitting the hard bags, bugging her. I've looked around e-bay and a couple sites, but can't seem to find any kind of passenger floorboard re-locaters. Has any1 heard of such a thing, and if so, where could I get a pair. Thx...Redd

Old 05-29-2008 | 05:10 PM
caspr2
Tourer

ORIGINAL: tjohnston9

I've got a '07 Road Glide (I know, they're ugly...). I had the extended foot controls installed, but my legs still get cramped up after riding for awhile cuz my bootsbump up against the brake pedal/shifter (I'm 6'4").Has anyone had luck with doing something with the floorboards, like moving them out to the side? I have highway pegs, but only use them on the slab.
You are right they are ugly, but the floor boards can be move out about 3/4 " and a tall seat can be added to give you a little leg room. Also add highway pegs with the large foot rest that way it gives another option.

Old 05-29-2008 | 05:19 PM
bucs012
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Redd

Kinda on the same subject. My wife is short and complains a bit about her legs hitting the hard bags, bugging her. I've looked around e-bay and a couple sites, but can't seem to find any kind of passenger floorboard re-locaters. Has any1 heard of such a thing, and if so, where could I get a pair. Thx...Redd
I believe J&P Cycle out of Anamosa Iowa can hook you up. I have their catalog. Give them a shout just look them up on the web.

Also did see something like this on Ebay- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HARLE...3005QQtcZphoto

Old 05-29-2008 | 08:52 PM
Redd
Cruiser

Thx, I'll try J&p.

Old 05-29-2008 | 09:32 PM
trispeed
Cruiser

I think you have exhausted the available benefits from floorboard mods; the best thing for you in my not so humble opinion, is to get a more appropriate saddle.
I'm just 6'0", though all the stock Harley seats are too low for my tatse; the aftermarket ones are really bad in the comfort arena. They all seem to slope backwards and have little padding. I guess most guys feel that they look cool with a really low seat or need to have their feet flat at a stop sign, ?!?, but it's so uncomfortable and harder to control the bike when you sit so low. Look at a Road King cop solo saddle; that's the best position for fine control movements and comfort for long days in the saddle.
I had a custom seat made at Bill Mayer Saddles, in Ojai, CA. I can post a pic if you like. It's a couple inches taller and 'longer' for the rider. It's also wider and relatively flat. The passenger portion is compromised a bit, though I never have anyone back there anyway!
Unbelievable difference in overall comfort. I can't even reach the crash bars with my feet when I sit all the way back. I can move back and forth several inches over th ecourse of an 800 mile day and feel great doing it.
I would suggest getting a taller, longer saddle and your knees will appreciate it!!

Old 05-29-2008 | 10:52 PM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member
Veteran: Army

ORIGINAL: trispeed

I think you have exhausted the available benefits from floorboard mods; the best thing for you in my not so humble opinion,
Different strokes.............

Here's what I did:

Bubba's Brake 2" forward extended billet floorboards
Indy Custom Bikes 1 1/2" forward extended floorboard brackets
Soo's 3/4" outward extension spacers
Corbin Solo seat, moves down 1", back two
Extended brake and shifter levers
Low mounted hwy pegs

My vertically challenged mechanic has to ride my bike sitting on the very rear of the gas tank.

Old 05-30-2008 | 01:27 AM
Avmech97
Road Master

I bet the tallboy seat from H-D and some highway pegs on the crashbar would work for ya. I use a Mustang touring seat and some Kuryakin higway pegs which works great for me.[sm=biker2.gif]

Old 05-30-2008 | 01:43 AM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member

I'm 6'4" and use my Hwy Pegs like FWD controls (shifting & braking) - I also went with a Corbin (Dual-Tour) which moved me back & down...

Old 05-30-2008 | 09:39 AM
tjohnston9
|
Cruiser

Thanks to all for the info...

Old 05-30-2008 | 11:45 AM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: tjohnston9

I always position my highway pegs low enough on the engine guard so I can rest my heel on the floowboard and by toes on the highway pegs...
+1

Quick Reply: Road Glide riding comfort