Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tomorrow I put my Lowrider for sale, cause I want a SG

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 08:59 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts
Default RE: Tomorrow I put my Lowrider for sale, cause I want a SG

Good luck Johan, you made the right choice, you will enjoy the new ride. No start thinking about upgrades.

Old 05-30-2008, 09:25 AM
JKeith41
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everyone, this is my first time in here and I'm loving it. Have a question and I think this will be the perfect forum. I'm taking my class in the middle of June and have been looking at bikes. I plan on purchasing it in the end of June. I've been reading the threads and noticed everyone going to a SG. The only thing I have to go on right now is what I've sat on. Due to my height, I needed something that would be a little lower. I started with a Sportster, different people talked me out of that, then sat on a Low Rider and liked it. Talked to some other people, sat on a Softail Custom and liked it even better, yesterday with my dad, I sat on a SG, very nice. Now I know I'm not doing anything more than making myself more excited than I already am. I'm just trying to get as much input as I can so I'm a little more informed when I make my purchase. I can assume they probably all ride nice, but different. This will be my first bike and my wife does want to ride on the back of it at times. If anyone can give me any information and things I need to consider or their input on these different bikes I've metioned, I would greatly appreciate it. I know for the most part all of these bikes have been talked about in this forum, so I'm hoping this will result in some good input for me. Thanks in advance!

Keith

Old 05-30-2008, 09:38 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Dont get a RG thay are ugly. Think you should do more than sit on them, try renting each one and compare.

Old 05-30-2008, 10:20 AM
SpeedsterX
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Went from a Honda Nightawk to a Dyna Superglide to a Deuce and now my '08 Sunglo Crimson Red Street Glide. I absolutey love it!!

I have a 30 in. inseam and other than the seat being a bit wide, fits really nice. Will be getting a different seat to lower me an inch or two and it'll be perfect!

Old 05-30-2008, 12:29 PM
richy rich
Intermediate

Sold my 03 Softail[Wicked bike]& just picked up my New vivid Black SG.Soo much nicer!!It may not be the "Bar Hopper" that I had,but at least now getting to the Bar is waayy funer!LOL!

Old 05-31-2008, 01:59 AM
towboattrash34
Banned

i'll trade the wife's sporty in before i'll trade my Lowrider...lol think about it....if i have to get that big of a bike that means she will be riding on it with me...so she don't need 1..lol or she can ride mine.....anyway i owe too much on mine and just spent 5g,s on it with another 2/3g's to go

Old 05-31-2008, 06:30 AM
pingman68
Road Master
Received 142 Likes on 94 Posts

I just went from an 08 FXDC to a 08 Street Glide. Lady pulled out in front of me and totaled the Dyna, took the insurance settlement and got the SG. That accident was a blessing in disguise!

Old 05-31-2008, 06:40 AM
shekmark
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

07 CVO Springer traded yesterday for a black 08 Ultra! See my other thread... dealer gave me $2000 off list price! they were giving big discount off SG's too!

Old 05-31-2008, 09:28 AM
wvbiker26187
Cruiser

I went from a Sporty to the UGLY Road Glide and the sporty just set in the garage so i sold it and bought some mods for the ugly bike

Old 05-31-2008, 09:59 AM
drrandall1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I traded in my 07 Fat Boy for my 08 Street Glide I lost $3000 on the deal. Best $3000 I ever lost.

Quick Reply: Tomorrow I put my Lowrider for sale, cause I want a SG