Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new Street Glide ......

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006 | 09:18 PM
Hey Zeus
|
Road Captain
Default My new Street Glide ......

Hey everyone, I purchased a 2006 Street Glide back in September of '05. I think I finally got over the guilt of purchasing the "newest, phatest" trend.....be assured it wasn't to "keep up with the Jones' or to one-up the next guy, or God forbid, "fit in". I simply like the low, mean, 50's-ish hot rod look coupled with it's total versatility. I don't know how it will be dealing with all the other clones once springtime arrives and the garage doors raise up. Anyhow, the real reason for my longwinded writing is to find out if there have been any issues (other than the early mirror recall)? I have heard a rumor aout a steering lock problem? Please offer any advice.....it will be greatly appreciated. By the way, I am a new member and would like to say thank you to you all for the kind acceptance and words over the past few days. Later for now, Tid Bit

Old 02-27-2006 | 09:38 PM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: My new Street Glide ......

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the ride. As far as issues, all the ones you mentioned are minor. Spend some time reading the threads on this forum and you will get a pretty good perspective of some of the real issues with the '06's. I am thinking that you may be one of the lucky ones since you have had your Glide since Sept. and have not experienced any driveability issues. At any rate Good luck, ride safe!

Old 02-27-2006 | 09:40 PM
Hey Zeus
|
Road Captain

Thanks for the words.....I have had it since September, but it has been in my heated garage since November......It's damn cold here in Cleveland! Hopefully I am indeed one of the lucky ones. Take care, Tid Bit

Old 02-27-2006 | 09:56 PM
2006streetglide
Road Captain

Congrats on your purchase of the 'Glide. I too have a Sept build and although I have only 226 miles on it I have not expirienced any issues as some on this board have. Either I've been lucky thus far or the little gremlins are waiting to haunt me down the road [sm=shootshoot.gif]

I can't wait for the weather to break either. I'm next door to you in Michigan and I'm done with friggin' cold weather. I want to ride [sm=wootwoot.gif]

Old 02-27-2006 | 11:32 PM
mbmike
Advanced

Hello all, I too own a 06 black SG, so far after finally getting the bike dyno no major problems , !!Except that the blasted CD player is no good. won't play a store bought or a home made one still haven't tried even a MP3 formated since the first two won't work , bikes been in the shop couple weeks now dealer is very good. working with the factory but to this point now fix , I've heared of bikes being bought back for this so at this point only want my baby back!!. Until out ride with the old bike 03 fatboy, with the other half 06 deluxe
looking to add exhaust pipes on deluxe so any help or infor would be good , maybe even a set dauls with fishtails anyone out there have them and feed back ??
mbmike

Old 02-28-2006 | 12:46 AM
mikeisglidn
Ultimate HDF Member

congrats on the new ride, come south ride with us!!

Old 02-28-2006 | 01:04 AM
lil_gmac2
Outstanding HDF Member

Congrats now post some pics

Old 02-28-2006 | 01:12 AM
Hey Zeus
|
Road Captain

Thanks for the reassurance....I will post some pics as soon as she is back together (painting some graphics to be a little different). Later all......

Old 02-28-2006 | 01:15 AM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member

Congrats on the new bike.

I'm in. Used to live in Havelock for 10 years.
ORIGINAL: mikeisglidn

Old 02-28-2006 | 01:27 AM
mikeisglidn
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Abnmarine

Congrats on the new bike.

I'm in. Used to live in Havelock for 10 years.
ORIGINAL: mikeisglidn

leaving for daytona wednesday am ya'all are welcome!

Quick Reply: My new Street Glide ......