Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speed Limiter at 105 MPH?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 08:37 AM
russl179
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Speed Limiter at 105 MPH?

ORIGINAL: Leftcoaster

tckitt13 - suit yourself, but you're wasting your time respondingtothese bozos who actually thinkyou cruise at 100+ all day. They will NEVER get it. They will never understand that the left lane is for passing or that if someone pulls up on them, they ARE slower traffic and should move over. Morons all of them.I could go on but what's the point. I'm outta here...

If it takes you 100+ mph to pass someone, may be you need some training on how to properly operate a bike.

Old 05-30-2008, 08:40 AM
honestbob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

'08 standard, bone stock. I've been to 110 still had throttle

Old 05-30-2008, 08:52 AM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

ORIGINAL: BM83

ORIGINAL: Andy Engemann

Personally, I appreciate and commend those who volunteer to take their place in history and confirm that Darwin was correct!

Just saying!

Andy
WWJD?

Probably put rubber bands around his beard so it wouldn't blow up in his face when busted the 100 mph mark.

Old 05-30-2008, 11:27 AM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

First let me appologize to tckitt13 - My intent is not to hijackyour thread and this will be my last correspondence on it. You have had several replies that clearly are intended to criticize and lecture. I am responding to these and one in particular: russl179
Sir, your righteous sanctimony knows no bounds. It seems odd to me that someone who quotes Thomas Jefferson could understand so little of the meaning of his words. To say that your views are alarming is the understatement of the year. You scare the hell out of me because you and your type have cost me so many freedoms already. You actually think you've somehow been ordained as our savior. Sir, you are not and your beliefs offend me deeply.
Helmets are good - helmet laws sre not. Seatbelts are good - seatbelt laws are not. 55 mph speed limits did not work. Prohibition did not work. I could go on and on. All of these brought about by someone thinking they knew what was (or is)best for the rest of us.
In my state theState Patrolactuallylobbied for money for night vision goggles to track seatbelt use at night.Unbelievable! Camera phones. Red light cameras. Cameras and surveilance on every corner. We're getting closer and closer to living in a total police state thatpits citizen against citizen.And I'll bet your reply to that would be "It's for our own good". Very, very scarry.
Try thisquote fromG.Gordon Liddy: "When I wasa kid this wasa free country". Pick up any of his books and then read it over and over until you get it.
Again tckitt13, my apologies. Sermon over.

Old 05-30-2008, 01:15 PM
tckitt13
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, what he said ^

Leftcoaster, no appology necessary. It's nice to hear from a leftcoaster who "Gets It". Generally youway-westerners get lumped into one group of liberal extremists, I'm glad you're an independent thinker. Sounds to me like you've got it right!

russl179 <<<<Preacher Alert!!! His way or No Way???

Old 05-30-2008, 02:33 PM
russl179
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Leftcoaster

You scare the hell out of me because you and your type have cost me so many freedoms already. You actually think you've somehow been ordained as our savior. Sir, you are not and your beliefs offend me deeply.

Your iresponsible riding has caused numerous laws to be written. You whine about your freedoms, but you give a rat's behind about the freedom and safety of others. There is no reason for any vehicle on a public roadway to exceed 100 mph. Your arrogance offends me deeply.

Old 05-30-2008, 02:45 PM
tckitt13
Advanced

ORIGINAL: russl179

Your iresponsible riding has caused numerous laws to be written. You whine about your freedoms, but you give a rat's behind about the freedom and safety of others. There is no reason for any vehicle on a public roadway to exceed 100 mph.
russl179 <<<<Preacher Alert!!! His way or No Way???

Old 05-30-2008, 03:01 PM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Friend bought an 07 Ultra stock 96. We were running on a straight blacktop that ran until it dwindled to a dot on the horizon.

At the next fuel stop he complained about not being able to get over 105. I asked him what gear he was in. Turns out it was 6th and he was trying to run the throttle WFO. I suggested he drop back to 5th.

He was able to make 115 without problems.

Not all the time, but sometimes if you give me a good road with no traffic and good weather I will run in the triple digit range. Ain't nothin' else to do out there.

Oh and figure the mpg down in the low 30 high 20 range when you do because just like others have said, man that's a lot of drag. [:-]

Old 05-30-2008, 03:48 PM
doggiedave
Road Master

I want to thank the safety police for arriving just in the nick of time to save us from ourselves. got prozac? only got 102 out of mine, just say'n

Old 05-30-2008, 04:37 PM
BM83
Tourer

ORIGINAL: xxxflhrci

ORIGINAL: BM83

ORIGINAL: Andy Engemann

Personally, I appreciate and commend those who volunteer to take their place in history and confirm that Darwin was correct!

Just saying!

Andy
WWJD?

Probably put rubber bands around his beard so it wouldn't blow up in his face when busted the 100 mph mark.
[sm=exactly.gif]

Quick Reply: Speed Limiter at 105 MPH?