Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speed Limiter at 105 MPH?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 05:55 AM
UltraDuke
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Speed Limiter at 105 MPH?

I think you answered yourself with your first statements, "My oh My I must be a complete idiot!"

Old 05-28-2008, 06:04 AM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: tckitt13
...I posted the question looking for technical information from others on this forum not to be lectured by all the "mommies" and "daddies"...If you feel the need to lecture someone please become a preacher. ...
I was not going to open this thread cause I knew thats all you'd get

Old 05-28-2008, 06:11 AM
ironhead3fan
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't see where anyone was acting like Mommy or Daddy. To each his own, ride as fast as you are comfortable.

To answer your original question, no, I have not hit the 105 wall, haven't tried.

Old 05-28-2008, 06:24 AM
cig
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't believe you guys are so irresponsible to go that fast! Do you know how dangerous that is? I bet you do 't even wear a helmet!
( mine will top out at around 110mph. Stage 1 103.)

Old 05-28-2008, 07:05 AM
RattleTrap
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got my SG so I have no clue what she'll run, but I'll find out for you soon and report back. My 88" softail will hit 115 easy enough and with some patience 120, of course it doesn't have a wall mounted to the forks either. I imagine it's just aerodynamics vs. hp. That's probably all they'll do.

Old 05-28-2008, 07:50 AM
lecomte38
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad to hear that you are all right - hitting a wall at 105 mph can hurt.

Old 05-28-2008, 07:54 AM
tphillips
Road Warrior
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

ORIGINAL: dcountryboy

I have one on mine .It is installed behind me and automatically slaps me up side my helmet when I get going too fast
[;-D That's funny -- I've got the same thing, though mine isn't a slap, but an insistant "tap tap tap" on the shoulder... Funny how she can read the speedo with her head buffeting so much...

Old 05-28-2008, 08:14 AM
Magos
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, that's some funny ****. I creeped up to 100 just for a quick giggle on an OPEN road. I must say, it wasn't scary and was very smooth. Not something I'll be doing often, but it will get up there if needed. My wife was on the back and I didn't get the 'tap-tap' but I DID get the look when we came to the next light.

Hell, I gotta get up there atleast once or twice!

Old 05-28-2008, 08:45 AM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: tckitt13

My oh My I must be a complete idiot! Here's the thing folks, I posted the question looking for technical information from others on this forum not to be lectured by all the "mommies" and "daddies" here who have the definative answer to how fast is "safe" or "sensible". I also do not ride that fast very often, I have 8,000 miles on my bike and have been that fastonly 4 or 5 times. If you feel the need to lecture someone please become a preacher. You don't know the situation I ride under and I am old enough that I don't have to answer to my own mommy and daddy anymore so you can guess how much weight your tsk, tsk has with me. I have spent a good portion of my life racing, not just motorcycles but almost anything with a motor and do so with as much safety as possible. You know, it just may be that I am amore saferider at 110 or120 MPH than you are at 80 or 90. Like I said, I'vespent much of my life at high speed and am not one of those who wets themselves when the speedo passes 45 [8D]. I know that going fast is dangerous, but so is crossing the street or riding at all for that matter. How fast is sensible and who gets to decide? I thought riding a Harley was about freedom not domination but......
What did you expect? I see you only have a few posts and I'm no expert, but here's some advice. When you ask a question, you will get a lot of differing opinions and replies, they may not all be to your liking. But hey, you asked the question in an open forum, so be a man and accept everyone's opinions. Now, when you fly off in a reply like this after you asked a question, well, you've become open game to the guys here. There is a lot of help and good advice here, if you alienate yourself you're giving up a lot. Oh yeah, riding, not just Harley riding IS about freedom and not domination, but there is so much more to the concept that only personal experience can bring .....................

Old 05-28-2008, 09:56 AM
rochkes
Elite HDF Member
Received 461 Likes on 212 Posts

My SG speedo reads 2 mph faster than the zumo 550 from start to around100 mph. Then the speedo starts climbing at a faster rate than the zumo does.

On a long, smooth, straight stretch of road, the speedo will be buried and the zumo will say 114 mph.

Dennis

Quick Reply: Speed Limiter at 105 MPH?