Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speed Limiter at 105 MPH?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 09:35 AM
jimdoran69
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink if you drive too fast and don't wear a helmet then the terrorists win!

[QUOTE=harleytuner;7435036]
Originally Posted by Saint666

He was told NO back on about the first or second page, the rest is just a bunch of preaching on how the rest of us should ride our bikes. Turns out I am irresponcible and a danger to society. I'm really bummed about it. most of these people would tell you that a 800 LB. bike at 100 MPH is more dangerous than a loaded semi barreling down the pike at 75 or 80 MPH.
Amen Saint666...I'm sick of people bashing others for exercising their freedoms. I'm glad I live in CT...no helmet laws, open carry, and I've blown by troopers going 75 - 85MPH and they don't even bother unless you're in a cage.
And when some A*&hole asks me where my helmet is...I tell him "I left it home with my VAGINA"!!!!!!

Old 10-26-2010, 02:19 PM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 387 Likes on 231 Posts

[quote=jimdoran69;7457116]
Originally Posted by harleytuner

Amen Saint666...I'm sick of people bashing others for exercising their freedoms. I'm glad I live in CT...no helmet laws, open carry, and I've blown by troopers going 75 - 85MPH and they don't even bother unless you're in a cage.
And when some A*&hole asks me where my helmet is...I tell him "I left it home with my VAGINA"!!!!!!
You leave your vag at home? If I had a vag I would keep it with me 24/7 and have great big calluses from playing with it all the time...

Old 10-26-2010, 02:42 PM
celticgent
Road Master

Haven't topped out this '07 FLHT but I know that the '07 XL1200R I traded for it was much quicker and had a higher top end. Topped the sporty out at 125.

It always cracked me up when big twin riders would make fun of sporties; knowing that I could have beaten a lot of them in a 1/4 mile and just kept going...

But I bought this one for the old lady's comfort, not to rod around on.

Old 10-26-2010, 04:14 PM
ihitman
6th Gear

Wow, I'm new here but I can't believe this topic has gone to194 posts!

Nanny-ism is complete BS!

I just got an 06 SG, my very first Harley, and I m very surprised myself that I can only get about 105 out of it. Not sure of all the mods yet as I haven't asked the previous owner all the pertinent questions yet but it does have Rinehart slip ons and a Stage 1 air cleaner. Getting the # for his mechanic soon to find out the exact set up.

My previous bike (15 years ago) was a '87 Hurricane 1000. Talk about fast! I did get it up to 145 on a long stretch in the San Luis Valley (don't worry nannies the road was empty) before I had to let off. Had more to go too but with the tank bag I was a regular bobble head at that speed. What I really liked about that amount of power was that at legal (or slightly over) highway speeds it really gave you the option of getting away from someone driving dangerously or being able to punch it out of a sticky situation.

So needless to say I was a little disappointed when all I could get out of the SG was 105 and it took awhile. I understand that I bought a touring bike, which is exactly what I wanted, and it wouldn't be as fast. Was just surprised after all the **** talking I've heard from Harley riders over the years about how much power they're bikes have. Well......they're tractors! Big jiggling snarling sloppy beasts!

That being said....I REALLY LOVE MY TRACTOR!

The most comfortable easy chair I have ever ridden. I can't wait to put 1000s of miles on it.

Now.....gotta look into how to get a little more high end torque.

Old 10-26-2010, 04:25 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

[quote=PFWiz;7458119]
Originally Posted by jimdoran69
You leave your vag at home? If I had a vag I would keep it with me 24/7 and have great big calluses from playing with it all the time...
Not sure how I got labled as the original poster of that, but it wasn't me. I have NO vagina and I live in Northern Ohio like you. Sandusky area, how about you?

Old 10-26-2010, 04:32 PM
WZDADS
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ihitman
The most comfortable easy chair I have ever ridden. I can't wait to put 1000s of miles on it.

I tell people I'm going to go ride my Lazyboy all the time.

Old 10-28-2010, 03:02 AM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 387 Likes on 231 Posts

[quote=harleytuner;7458526]
Originally Posted by PFWiz

Not sure how I got labled as the original poster of that, but it wasn't me. I have NO vagina and I live in Northern Ohio like you. Sandusky area, how about you?
I live in beautiful Lorain, garden spot of the earth. If G-d was gonna give the earth an enema he would insert the nozzle somewhere near here....

Old 10-28-2010, 06:03 AM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

[quote=harleytuner;7435036]
Originally Posted by Saint666

He was told NO back on about the first or second page,
Yeah, in '08.

Old 10-28-2010, 06:22 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

[quote=PFWiz;7464314]
Originally Posted by harleytuner
I live in beautiful Lorain, garden spot of the earth. If G-d was gonna give the earth an enema he would insert the nozzle somewhere near here....
Ahhh lorain. One question. WHY!!?? haha. Only about a half mile up the road.

Old 10-28-2010, 07:16 AM
Hard Ride
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

The only speed fact I know on a stock 88 with 1.75 slipons....80mph tank to tank for 14 hrs non stop..not on a ironbutt ride but just needed to be home asap...Most of the time I ride tops at 73mph @ 2900 rpms and always shift at 3000 rpms...

Quick Reply: Speed Limiter at 105 MPH?