Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speed Limiter at 105 MPH?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 01:51 AM
SeaHag
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MNPGRider
I felt a heckuva lot safer than riding in Mpls traffic at 60 mph.
Agree with you there. What part of SW MN are you in? I'm in Mankato.

Old 10-21-2010, 03:13 AM
dohadex
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Wow....

Originally Posted by frog13
What did you expect? I see you only have a few posts and I'm no expert, but here's some advice. When you ask a question, you will get a lot of differing opinions and replies, they may not all be to your liking. But hey, you asked the question in an open forum, so be a man and accept everyone's opinions. Now, when you fly off in a reply like this after you asked a question, well, you've become open game to the guys here. There is a lot of help and good advice here, if you alienate yourself you're giving up a lot. Oh yeah, riding, not just Harley riding IS about freedom and not domination, but there is so much more to the concept that only personal experience can bring .....................
Gee Wally! I didn't know you guys would be so sore about everything!

To the OP..."Lighten up Francis"...

p.s. My 2010 RK goes about 115mph! Shhhhhh......don't tell the FHP!

Last edited by dohadex; 10-21-2010 at 03:15 AM.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:46 AM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tckitt13
LMAO! I ride this speed most of the time through school zones and past funeral processions and get about 32.8 mpg But I think if I could get 'er up to about 120 through the Mall parking lot that the cars and people would break the wind some and possilby get me up to 33 MPG![sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley20.gif]

HAHAHAHAHAHA!! If you are smart, you can pick your places to "blow her out" and not endanger anybody else, or get caught by somebody like me! P.S. my 08 Ultra "ran out of gas" about there as well.

Last edited by mike5511; 10-21-2010 at 03:54 AM.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:44 AM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I have to say after reading this entire Thread, I understand why places like Myrtle Beach don't want us there anymore. I don't care if the ones who ride these high speeds endanger yourselves and your loved ones if they are stupid enough to ride with you. Unless it's a closed course or race track, it's a public hwy! You run the risk of harming someone else. I raced motorcycles in my earlier years. I've been up to 140 mph on a drag strip. I don't care what you think of my opinion, but the truth is, what you do on the hwy effects us all. People judge us all by the way you ride. I agree with the post that if he hurts my loved one, I hope he lives long enough for me to have at him.

Old 10-21-2010, 02:56 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronp42
I have to say after reading this entire Thread, I understand why places like Myrtle Beach don't want us there anymore. I don't care if the ones who ride these high speeds endanger yourselves and your loved ones if they are stupid enough to ride with you. Unless it's a closed course or race track, it's a public hwy! You run the risk of harming someone else. I raced motorcycles in my earlier years. I've been up to 140 mph on a drag strip. I don't care what you think of my opinion, but the truth is, what you do on the hwy effects us all. People judge us all by the way you ride. I agree with the post that if he hurts my loved one, I hope he lives long enough for me to have at him.
So where's the cut off between safe speed and dangerous speed? I've known people that got killed at 35 MPH. So I guess that a safe speed must be lower than that, right? You are right about 1 thing though, people judge us all on the way that some people ride. Myrtle Beach doesn't want us there because of the drunks riding around tearing up the town. when I ride fast on on empty country roads, it's not like i'm barreling down the turnpike doing a buck 10, where I live it's all country, nice straight 2 lane roads where you can see a mile or more out front.

Old 10-21-2010, 02:57 PM
EricD10563
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

Look danger a head Will Robinson

Good thing I put the bike on a treadmill to get the picture, wouldn't want to offend the Judgement Police.

Last edited by EricD10563; 10-21-2010 at 03:00 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:14 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by EricD10563
Look danger a head Will Robinson

Good thing I put the bike on a treadmill to get the picture, wouldn't want to offend the Judgement Police.

That's just irresponcible right there. Shame shame.

Old 10-21-2010, 04:48 PM
wheel752
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is that Highway 93 in Nevada...Love that road...you can ride 100mph all day long....until you slam dunk in Las Vegas

Old 10-21-2010, 05:14 PM
EricD10563
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by wheel752
Is that Highway 93 in Nevada...Love that road...you can ride 100mph all day long....until you slam dunk in Las Vegas
Route 50 also known as the Loneliest Road in America, had to do a slight repair on the road and boy was I glad I could take care of it myself, there was very few cars on that road for hours, there is no sensation of speed if your scoot is running right except for the cattle gates, I got some interesting pictures from the saddle.

Old 10-22-2010, 04:25 AM
SeaHag
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EricD10563
Route 50 also known as the Loneliest Road in America, had to do a slight repair on the road and boy was I glad I could take care of it myself, there was very few cars on that road for hours, there is no sensation of speed if your scoot is running right except for the cattle gates, I got some interesting pictures from the saddle.

Nice...I took part of that route myself this spring on a trip to California. We sure do live in a big beautiful country.

Quick Reply: Speed Limiter at 105 MPH?