Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speed Limiter at 105 MPH?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 10:01 PM
tphillips
Road Warrior
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by dcountryboy
I have one on mine .It is installed behind me and automatically slaps me up side my helmet when I get going too fast
Too funny... Yeah, I get "the tap" at high speeds, significant lean in turns, or just plain "pushing the envelope.". I told a friend, when asked why I didn't get a GPS, that I didn't need one - I already had something that told me where to turn, where to go, and when to stop for the rest room...and she sat right behind me.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:12 PM
thereal142
Road Captain
Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Ya know, I am really surprised at what a wussified politically correct bunch of nancy-boys are on here. I don't ride a bike like my Dad drives his Buick; sorry if that enrages some of you stuffed shirts. My '07 with it's tall stock gearing will run an indicated 120mph in FORTH gear at a just under 6400 rpm. I know this because I was having a weird malady when I had the PC-III installed; with rev-extend toggled on it would give me 6200 in first three gears and only 5400 in top three. Ditched the PC-III and went SEPST and after the tune I wanted to make sure that wasn't happening anymore...and it wasn't. If the sky opened up and I was told I could never break the speed limit again, I'd probably quit riding. Seriously.

The OP talks of hitting a wall at 105. Big deal, he went 105. Not 205.Get over it!!!

Old 10-19-2010, 10:32 PM
lallsdd966
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

05 RKC Stage 1 kit.SE race tuner Samson rolled ovals. 107 mph. I was a little disappointed to say the least. I'd like to get 120 out of it. Oh well!

Old 10-19-2010, 10:37 PM
FUZZY
Tourer
Talking

It will go as fast as you have ponies to push it.

Old 10-20-2010, 07:24 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Had mine up to 146 on radar.

There seam to be alot of people here judging the OP when they don't know his situation. Alot are ASSuming he is running on a freeway or in traffic. Where I live we have plenty of straight open roads with no traffic. If I want to bump it up and I see no-one in front of me or coming at me for a stretch, who (besides myself) would I be putting in danger? I had a friend get killed doing 40 MPH when a car pulled out in front of him, does that mean we shouldn't go avove 35? 30? What's the magic number? For those of you preaching about safe speeds, i'm guessing you're bikes are all bone stock.

Old 10-20-2010, 07:35 AM
Mike T
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tckitt13
My oh My I must be a complete idiot! Here's the thing folks, I posted the question looking for technical information from others on this forum not to be lectured by all the "mommies" and "daddies" here who have the definative answer to how fast is "safe" or "sensible". I also do not ride that fast very often, I have 8,000 miles on my bike and have been that fastonly 4 or 5 times. If you feel the need to lecture someone please become a preacher. You don't know the situation I ride under and I am old enough that I don't have to answer to my own mommy and daddy anymore so you can guess how much weight your tsk, tsk has with me. I have spent a good portion of my life racing, not just motorcycles but almost anything with a motor and do so with as much safety as possible. You know, it just may be that I am amore saferider at 110 or120 MPH than you are at 80 or 90. Like I said, I'vespent much of my life at high speed and am not one of those who wets themselves when the speedo passes 45 [8D]. I know that going fast is dangerous, but so is crossing the street or riding at all for that matter. How fast is sensible and who gets to decide? I thought riding a Harley was about freedom not domination but......
When you ask a question like this,don't get your panties in a wad when you get smartass answers.It happens to all of us.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:17 AM
celticgent
Road Master

You'll shoot yer eye out, kid!

Old 10-20-2010, 02:14 PM
Saint666
Tourer
Talking

[QUOTE=tckitt13;3422264]Is there any sort of speed limiter on the 96" motor bikes? I know that there is a REV limiter but my Road King seems to hit awall at 105 MPH.

OOHH MYYYY !!! This thread started 05/28/2008 and after 17 pages there STILL people who doesnt understand the original QUESTION!?!?!?!?!?!? .......IS THERE ANY SORT OF SPEED LIMITER ON THE 96" HARLEYS???......

NO THERE IS NO SPEED LIMITER IN 96" BIKES!!!!!!!..AND NOOO HE DOESNT CARE ABOUT YOUR RIDING SPEED,SOO WHY ARE SOME PEOPLE INTRESTED ALL THE TIME, IN TEACHING US AT WHAT SPEED SHOULD WE GO OR IF WE "HAVE" TO WEAR HELMETS OR IF ITS SAFE OR NOT,,HE IS JUST ASKING A SIMPLE SHORT QUESTION AND THE ANSWER IS "NO" JUST "NO"!!!...

hahahahah,,,i cant believe how much i like this forum! love for all!! cheers!!

Old 10-20-2010, 03:25 PM
relli
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tckitt13
My oh My I must be a complete idiot! Here's the thing folks, I posted the question looking for technical information from others on this forum not to be lectured by all the "mommies" and "daddies" here who have the definative answer to how fast is "safe" or "sensible". I also do not ride that fast very often, I have 8,000 miles on my bike and have been that fastonly 4 or 5 times. If you feel the need to lecture someone please become a preacher. You don't know the situation I ride under and I am old enough that I don't have to answer to my own mommy and daddy anymore so you can guess how much weight your tsk, tsk has with me. I have spent a good portion of my life racing, not just motorcycles but almost anything with a motor and do so with as much safety as possible. You know, it just may be that I am amore saferider at 110 or120 MPH than you are at 80 or 90. Like I said, I'vespent much of my life at high speed and am not one of those who wets themselves when the speedo passes 45 [8D]. I know that going fast is dangerous, but so is crossing the street or riding at all for that matter. How fast is sensible and who gets to decide? I thought riding a Harley was about freedom not domination but......
a little sensitive arent we???

Old 10-20-2010, 04:15 PM
98Ultra
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My 98 Ultra semed to top out around 108. Only got there a couple times and didn't hold it to see if it would climb any more.
My 08 Ultra seemed to top out about 98, if it was that fast. After reading every page, I can't wait to go see how fast it will go.
Gotta wait for a wide open rode though. No idea when that might come up again.

Cruise set on 78 on the interstate with a speed limit of 70. That's about as fast as I ride.

Quick Reply: Speed Limiter at 105 MPH?