Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speed Limiter at 105 MPH?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 05:33 PM
tckitt13
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Speed Limiter at 105 MPH?

ORIGINAL: FXSTDSE2

[sm=innoc.gif]These guns are just for show. I swear, you can ask my PO.
LOL They look to bewell maintained.....I am somewhat of a "Gun" collector myself. [sm=shootshoot.gif]

Old 06-01-2008, 05:39 PM
jtjt100
Advanced
Default RE: Speed Limiter at 105 MPH?

glad you started this so i didnt have to. came on here looking for the answer to the same question. 06 street glide, stage 1, hooker slip ons(as of now) tops aout at 105. no rev limiter, just stays at 105. russl179 it was on a public roadway in south ga headed to daytona, and then again on the way home(with one hell of a hangover, i might add) the bike stayed at 105 for up to 2 miles. the best answer i've heard so far is the starving for fuel one. makes perfectly good sense to me. the answers about pushing air dont make alot of sense to me, the bike should still incease in speed until it hits the limiter. I'm going with starving for fuel(maybe) unless someone comes up with a reason that sounds better to me becuz i dont have a clue. if anyone wants to preach to me about safety or too fast or anything else, just let me say before you do, *** you, i dont give a **** what you think about me or the way i live. have a great day.

Old 10-19-2008, 08:31 PM
Fordge48
6th Gear
Default Re:Limiter at 105 MPH?

I have a 07 RG totaly stock and also top out at 105. I thought it might have been the lack of intake air until until I checked here. Thanks for the Thread.
As for the preachers on here I do see you on guys on the roads and wish you would pull over and let the line of traffic by.

Cheers
TWM

Old 10-19-2008, 09:20 PM
mphamrick
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got to 80 on mine, I really don't care to be driving 105. To many things can happen in my area the dear are starting there hankey pankey so I really need to be paying attention to both sides of the road.

Old 10-19-2008, 09:29 PM
Lucky 13
Road Master

Harleys do not have speed limiters!

Old 10-19-2008, 09:51 PM
robzuc97
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't complain when the dealership voids your warranty! Yes, high speed operation does leave tell-tale signs. Keep running like that on a 96 and yours will be BOOM.

Old 10-19-2008, 09:53 PM
LH
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dcountryboy
I have one on mine .It is installed behind me and automatically slaps me up side my helmet when I get going too fast
That's what we call a "carbon fiber speed control".

Old 10-19-2008, 10:01 PM
tima
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cig
I can't believe you guys are so irresponsible to go that fast! Do you know how dangerous that is? I bet you do 't even wear a helmet!
( mine will top out at around 110mph. Stage 1 103.)
At 105, don't think a helmet's gonna do much. Wouldn't even contain the mess...

Old 10-19-2008, 10:04 PM
LH
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jtjt100
glad you started this so i didnt have to. came on here looking for the answer to the same question. 06 street glide, stage 1, hooker slip ons(as of now) tops aout at 105. no rev limiter, just stays at 105. russl179 it was on a public roadway in south ga headed to daytona, and then again on the way home(with one hell of a hangover, i might add) the bike stayed at 105 for up to 2 miles. the best answer i've heard so far is the starving for fuel one. makes perfectly good sense to me. the answers about pushing air dont make alot of sense to me, the bike should still incease in speed until it hits the limiter. I'm going with starving for fuel(maybe) unless someone comes up with a reason that sounds better to me becuz i dont have a clue. if anyone wants to preach to me about safety or too fast or anything else, just let me say before you do, *** you, i dont give a **** what you think about me or the way i live. have a great day.
You're overlooking the biggest factor, and that's wind drag. At high speed these windshields and fairings act like a big wind brake. If ya don't believe it, go up against a fat boy with the same motor, and he'll walk away from you at high speed every time. More power is good but ya can only push a barge so fast ............

Old 10-19-2008, 10:18 PM
biz44
Outstanding HDF Member

I think it is strictly drag vs: HP. I have the SERT on my 03 SE-Deuce, and I can get that bike up to 110-115 very easy, and it has a basically stock 95" SE engine w/intake & exhaust mods and a good dyno tune. Its pushing about 93HP/98Tq.
My Street Glide on the other hand has the big *** bat wing, and about 10 less hp and tq. It will still climb up to 100 easy enough, but after that it climbs much slower....but still climbs. I know I have had it up to 100 and it was still pulling, but I wasnt looking anyplace but out in front, and I got out of it soon after that anyway.
If I wanted a bike that could live in the triple digits all day I would have bought one....that was one of the biggest reasons I started with the HD's. The sport bikes are so fast (and I just aint mature enough to resist twisting the throttle) that you have to constantly be on point....concentrating on your riding the road and the jerks around you. You also have to be on the look out for johnny law. I dont call that a nice relaxing ride....and thats all I want to do when I am riding.....relax and enjoy the ride.

Quick Reply: Speed Limiter at 105 MPH?