Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

STREETGLIDE AUX LIGHTS

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008 | 06:49 PM
dowork08
|
Tourer
Default STREETGLIDE AUX LIGHTS

I was wondering why when installing the streetglide aux lights, you cant just splice into the acc switch that is there doing nothing. I feel splicing into that would be much easier then the way the directions do. I didnt know if anyone has done it like that. I am just putting these lights on the put the chrome lower wind deflectors on for long rids so the wife dont get so beat up. When she is happy so am i!

Old 05-27-2008 | 06:55 PM
rkadair
Tourer
Default RE: STREETGLIDE AUX LIGHTS

Why would you not use the spot switch that is supplyed in the kit ?

Old 05-27-2008 | 06:59 PM
Scootr
Road Master

I'm sure you could but it's really not hard at all to install its own switch. The ignition switch slides right off when you follow the instructions. I did it the way they say so I could preserve the acc switch for other stuff down the road. Good luck. They take a little time but its a fairly straight forward install.Do a search if you haven't already. There is a great write up on the complete install somewhere on here that helped me a lot.

Old 05-27-2008 | 07:05 PM
Kern
Road Master

I cant remember, but someone here gave me a link that allows you use the spot switch that comes in the kit and splice it so that you can run the spots and select in between high and low beam. If you wire it according to the instructions, when you turn the spots on, the high beams are disabled. Something else to think about.

I'm sure one of the senior guys will chime in with that link.

Old 05-27-2008 | 07:12 PM
tgaetto
Road Warrior

Instead of using the switch that comes with you can wire them to the aux, just plug the molex clips into the wires that come off that switch.

There is a thread that shows how to wire them to stay on with the Hbeam, but I don't like cutting wires! <----------- Link

Old 05-27-2008 | 07:19 PM
Kern
Road Master

If you do wire them to stay on with the high beams, make sure to solder them in. Don't use the cheap "crimp and go" method.

I did it, itreally was easy. The extra light during the dayand night (if needed) is really nice.

Old 05-27-2008 | 07:32 PM
njdiver
Road Captain

Did the same thing, Take your time and the install is easy. You'll like the results better if you use the instructions.
ORIGINAL: Scootr

I'm sure you could but it's really not hard at all to install its own switch. The ignition switch slides right off when you follow the instructions. I did it the way they say so I could preserve the acc switch for other stuff down the road. Good luck. They take a little time but its a fairly straight forward install.Do a search if you haven't already. There is a great write up on the complete install somewhere on here that helped me a lot.

Old 05-27-2008 | 08:27 PM
johnsonabq
Tourer

I was under the impression that the AUX switch was for the power connection under the seat. Anybody else hear this?

Old 05-27-2008 | 08:44 PM
vibr8ir
Cruiser

My bike's an 02 but I think the plug under your seat is for a battery charger ?? I wired my lite's to stay on all the time and there great. Steve

Old 05-27-2008 | 08:49 PM
dowork08
|
Tourer

thanks for your guys insight.....gives me a few options....i just dont have the right wire crimping tools to put the connectors on....thats why i was looking to splice....i may go look to find the right crimpers

Quick Reply: STREETGLIDE AUX LIGHTS