Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ATGATT

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 06:05 PM
Medicfrost
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: ATGATT

I mostly am driving back and forth to work, so I wear shorts, shirt, and sandals (my work uniform).

Old 05-27-2008, 06:12 PM
Mr Pou
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ATGATT for me, been down twice, broken bones, but no road rash.

"Hey, buddy, isn't it hot wearing all that stuff?"

"Yeah, but I'd rather sweat than bleed."

Old 05-27-2008, 06:18 PM
Northside
Road Warrior
Received 142 Likes on 88 Posts

ORIGINAL: socalmoe

Dress for the fall!
Always full gear, gear varies depending on temps, bull always full gear!
I do it differently. Protecting myself in case of an accident is not my top priority! Being aware of my surroundings, being comfortable, and having nothing imparing my defensive driving capabilities is. All that crap ain't gonna do you much good if you don't see or hear the truck that gets you because the big helmet covers your ears and sweat is getting into your eyes. I know all these MSF instructors will say I'm wrong. I'm over 60, been ridin' on the street since I was 14, and logged over 700,000 miles. Your defensive driving capability going to save your butt, notyour laundry.

Old 05-27-2008, 06:23 PM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

ORIGINAL: Northside

Dress for the fall!
I do it differently. Protecting myself in case of an accident is not my top priority! Being aware of my surroundings, being comfortable, and having nothing imparing my defensive driving capabilities is. All that crap ain't gonna do you much good if you don't see or hear the truck that gets you because the big helmet covers your ears and sweat is getting into your eyes. I know all these MSF instructors will say I'm wrong. I'm over 60, been ridin' on the street since I was 14, and logged over 700,000 miles. Your defensive driving capability going to save your butt, not your laundry.

Right arm, Northside! I think we must have gone to different schools together!

Old 05-27-2008, 07:19 PM
bacon225
Advanced

ORIGINAL: Northside

Dress for the fall!
I do it differently. Protecting myself in case of an accident is not my top priority! Being aware of my surroundings, being comfortable, and having nothing imparing my defensive driving capabilities is. All that crap ain't gonna do you much good if you don't see or hear the truck that gets you because the big helmet covers your ears and sweat is getting into your eyes. I know all these MSF instructors will say I'm wrong. I'm over 60, been ridin' on the street since I was 14, and logged over 700,000 miles. Your defensive driving capability going to save your butt, notyour laundry.
I don't want to start an argument over this I agree with you and disagree at the same time.
What is between your ears is the best safety equipment you can carry.
But you cant foresee all incidents that can happen.
Mechanical failures at just the wrong time can and will happen.
I too am approaching 700,000 miles I should hit it this year.
But in 40 years of riding and racing bikes I have learned to dress for the slide not the ride.
You will not believe it but even during the heat I feel like I am cooler than I would be with the sun betting down on my skin.

Old 05-27-2008, 07:34 PM
leeinmemphis
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've come from a sportbike and sport touring background and I've always been a ATGATT kind of guy. I feel like I'm cheating myself by wearing a half helmet and I really miss my aerostich gear. I'm starting to ride to work a little more and will probably revert back to a full face and the stich. I'm not living in fear but I've got enough respect for my family to try to protect myself as much as possible(and still ride a scooter). I've been wearing some leather harley gear for the past six or so months and I really miss my stich and ff helmet. Different strokes I guess.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:29 PM
Trey Hogger
Road Master

I guess I am a NAMGATT rider - Not All My Gear All The Time. But SOME of my gear, ALL the time. I spose that's SOMGATT. Hey, how's this - Basic Utility Type Gear All The Time is BUTGATT. Basic Utility Type Things, Conditions Right And/or Conditions Krappy - BUTTCRACK to be succinct. Ok, so I had to work to get that. Who'd want to admit being a buttcrack rider anyway? Wait, I've seen a few - ugh.
I always wear helmet gloves jeans and boots. Jacket or vest of various styles depending on the heat, and chaps on longer rides.