Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DYNO Numbers for Baggers???

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 05:33 PM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 117 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Kingsglide103
2011 103" Street Glide
Andrews 57H
V&H Pro Pipe Chrome
SE Agitator A/C
SE Lifters
Stock Pushrods
SEPRT

That's a nice chart you got there.

Old 05-07-2015, 05:42 PM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 117 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by davidw221
Had my bike dyno'd last week I have a Thundermax, level B heads, TW-8-6 cams, SE extreme AC, Rinehart true duals, 107 10.5 pistons, only got 92HP, with 111tq. The Thundermax tech was there and put my bike on his computer for over an hour, changing different settings, when it was all done he showed me graphs where my issue with my bike was starving for air. Dyno guy also stated my bike had a stock Throttle body, with my setup, my heads were starving for air, then he explained that the stock throttlebody measured only get 31MM of air through a 50MM Throttlebody, suggested a HPI which gets 58-55MM to each head, he measured a stock Throttlbody, and he was right, air is king. Next week I'm going to purchase a HPI Throttlebody, and put it in. Folks that I know who have had top end work done stated this is a must.
The Thundermax Tech stated, my injectors were marginal according to the graphs.
It's all about air flow, and the weakest link in the chain is what will limit you.

When I had my FM 2007 EGC 107" build done with Level B heads, Fuel Moto suggested going with the SE 50MM with 49MM injectors, which they found did a good job matched for the 107/heads build. Rinehart true duals should provide plenty of flow. You'll realize another 10/10 or more I'll bet.

Old 05-08-2015, 05:29 AM
sporacer
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Had my bike dyno'd last week I have a Thundermax, level B heads, TW-8-6 cams, SE extreme AC, Rinehart true duals, 107 10.5 pistons, only got 92HP, with 111tq. The Thundermax tech was there and put my bike on his computer for over an hour, changing different settings, when it was all done he showed me graphs where my issue with my bike was starving for air. Dyno guy also stated my bike had a stock Throttle body, with my setup, my heads were starving for air, then he explained that the stock throttlebody measured only get 31MM of air through a 50MM Throttlebody, suggested a HPI which gets 58-55MM to each head, he measured a stock Throttlbody, and he was right, air is king. Next week I'm going to purchase a HPI Throttlebody, and put it in. Folks that I know who have had top end work done stated this is a must.
The Thundermax Tech stated, my injectors were marginal according to the graphs.
There are a ton of 107 kits out there with a stock 50 mm tb making much better numbers. Your true duals are hurting you a bit on the bottom end but ill bet youll find your answer is in your tune.

Old 05-08-2015, 06:44 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by sporacer
There are a ton of 107 kits out there with a stock 50 mm tb making much better numbers. Your true duals are hurting you a bit on the bottom end but ill bet youll find your answer is in your tune.
I'd like to see the graph before making the assumption on the tune. There's a good chance it's in the tune, but it could be timing off, sumping or a number of things.

Old 05-08-2015, 10:13 AM
sporacer
Road Master

Originally Posted by harleytuner
I'd like to see the graph before making the assumption on the tune. There's a good chance it's in the tune, but it could be timing off, sumping or a number of things.
Good point but I was assuming ccp test was already done to verify when the engine was assembled.

Old 05-08-2015, 11:21 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member

Good point but I was assuming ccp test was already done to verify when the engine was assembled.
ccp won't show sumping though.

Old 05-10-2015, 06:14 PM
davidw221
Supporter
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by harleytuner
I'm looking for the graph, I was so disappointed in the number after my tune I don't know what I did with it.
My bike was on the dyno for at least 45 minutes, then the TMax tech spent another hour and a half adjusting things, and uploaded the newest firmwares.
One thing they told me was to take them damn SE spark plugs and replaced them with stock ones, they said those cause RF interference, what ever that is.
I still haven't purchased my HPI, going to do that purchase this coming Friday.

Old 05-11-2015, 05:09 AM
sporacer
Road Master

I'm looking for the graph, I was so disappointed in the number after my tune I don't know what I did with it.
My bike was on the dyno for at least 45 minutes, then the TMax tech spent another hour and a half adjusting things, and uploaded the newest firmwares.
One thing they told me was to take them damn SE spark plugs and replaced them with stock ones, they said those cause RF interference, what ever that is.
I still haven't purchased my HPI, going to do that purchase this coming Friday.
It looks like your Tmax tech was trying to find something to blame for your less than stellar results. Ive used SE plugs in many builds and never had an issue with rf. The first thing id be doing is ditching the Tmax.

Old 05-11-2015, 05:24 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts

It looks like your Tmax tech was trying to find something to blame for your less than stellar results. Ive used SE plugs in many builds and never had an issue with rf. The first thing id be doing is ditching the Tmax.
Don't get me wrong here because I'm not a fan at all on the T'Max's so I'm not supporting them but ease over on HTT forum and mention SE Plugs or other's that are similar and you will get the same response as the T'Max did.
Also seems even those guy's can't tune one of there products either. It's all in the tune if it's not sumping.

Last edited by Tn.Heritage; 05-11-2015 at 05:30 AM.
Old 05-11-2015, 11:22 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Tn.Heritage
Don't get me wrong here because I'm not a fan at all on the T'Max's so I'm not supporting them but ease over on HTT forum and mention SE Plugs or other's that are similar and you will get the same response as the T'Max did.
Also seems even those guy's can't tune one of there products either. It's all in the tune if it's not sumping.
The issue with the SE plugs is the interference with the spark pickups we get on the dyno. The RPM's cut in and out when we are sampling. I usually just throw a set of regular plugs in for the tune then swap them back out after the tune. There are some other issues that i've heard about that come into play when people street tune, but since I don't get into street tuning or any of that I won't elaborate because I only know what i've heard and don't have any direct knowledge with it.

Quick Reply: DYNO Numbers for Baggers???