Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DYNO Numbers for Baggers???

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 11:00 AM
RC07ultra
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kennedy81
Good deal.
I'm suppose to pick my bike up today. Looks like there will be a window with no rain for a couple hours today for me to get it.
I'll post numbers once I get it home.
How did they do on your tune? Numbers good? Just looking for some feedback I'm taking mine to them next week.

Last edited by RC07ultra; 03-28-2015 at 12:13 PM.
Old 03-30-2015, 02:07 PM
SGNEWB
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 FLHX Stage 2 ....kinda

Got this back home and enjoying the new power! I went to the guys at J&B Performance, told them my riding style and that I needed a build that would be dependable, reliable and fun. Well they came with the recommendation of the Andrews 57 cam and a "haircut" for the otherwise stock heads, along with a good 2:1 exhaust. I found a good deal on the original Dragula and here we go. I also wanted to lower the gearing of the bike, so went with the 30T Trans pulley and new belt. The compression is set at 10.3 with stock pistons and stock heads. I cannot say enough about the bike or the guys at J&B Performance with this setup and tune. I am amazed with the difference in the bike. The roll on power and overall grunt of this build is incredible, especially for the amount of money invested in this "mildly built" Street Glide. Let me know what you guys think.

Attached Thumbnails  DYNO Numbers for Baggers???-2015-03-26.jpg  
Old 03-31-2015, 05:38 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by SGNEWB
Got this back home and enjoying the new power! I went to the guys at J&B Performance, told them my riding style and that I needed a build that would be dependable, reliable and fun. Well they came with the recommendation of the Andrews 57 cam and a "haircut" for the otherwise stock heads, along with a good 2:1 exhaust. I found a good deal on the original Dragula and here we go. I also wanted to lower the gearing of the bike, so went with the 30T Trans pulley and new belt. The compression is set at 10.3 with stock pistons and stock heads. I cannot say enough about the bike or the guys at J&B Performance with this setup and tune. I am amazed with the difference in the bike. The roll on power and overall grunt of this build is incredible, especially for the amount of money invested in this "mildly built" Street Glide. Let me know what you guys think.
This is honestly one of the best bang for the buck update you can probably do if you don't mind the gear change. I'd love to have the extra compression but still keep my stock gearing. Now if I could just come up with a ( Honey I hate too but I've got to pull those heads because) , let me think on it !!!!

Old 04-02-2015, 06:50 AM
Kennedy81
Advanced

Originally Posted by RC07ultra
How did they do on your tune? Numbers good? Just looking for some feedback I'm taking mine to them next week.
Sorry I'm just getting back to you, picked the bike up Saturday and have put 400 miles on it since.
Bike feels good. Surprisingly, the numbers show lower on the dyno than I expected. I don't have the sheet in front of me, but I think it showed 85 hp and 110ft/lbs. Honestly though, it feels like a lot more. My '92 FXR with an Evo is about 90/90, and the ultra feels and pulls every bit has hard, which says a lot, since it is at least twice the weight.
My set up is: SEST, SE204 cams, Rush 2:1 exhaust, and DK breather.
The bike pulls very good. I'll try to get the dyno sheet scanned in and posted soon.

Old 04-02-2015, 09:40 AM
BrianSF-GA
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

The 30T change definitely puts the rpm's in a usable range much more quickly than stock ... tremendous benefit for mountain riding and/or two-up touring. They work incredibly well with a low-end power build where you see 100 ft-lbs in the mid-2000 rpm's.

Old 04-02-2015, 12:10 PM
SGNEWB
Advanced

Originally Posted by BrianSF-GA
The 30T change definitely puts the rpm's in a usable range much more quickly than stock ... tremendous benefit for mountain riding and/or two-up touring. They work incredibly well with a low-end power build where you see 100 ft-lbs in the mid-2000 rpm's.
Couldn't aree more! I love the gear change and here in the mountainous East Tennessee, it doesn't get any better.

Old 04-03-2015, 05:28 AM
Joker65
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks great NewB... I'm sure it's a lot of fun to ride!!

Old 04-03-2015, 05:45 AM
Joker65
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I took on a Winter project this year and put together a new 107" build.
I had the Andrews 57 cams, but with the upgraded build, I decided to go with a cam change too.
I ran the S&S 585's in a 106 a few years ago, GREAT cams, but at 10.8:1 CR, I needed a change.

This time around, I picked the tried and true S&S 570 cams; broad torque band, smooth power and
that nasty S&S cadence!! The torque comes on early and stays above 100 ft/lbs. to almost 6000 RPMs.

Here are the details and final results from my Winter upgrades:

2009 FLHR
  • S&S cylinders / CP 107 flat tops
  • Heads by Lee’s Speed Shop (Int: 1.91 / Ex: 1.575)
  • 87 cc @ 10.2:1 CR - 197 ccp (calculated)
  • HP-Inc. 54 mm TB w/ SE 5.3 injectors
  • Fuel-Moto 2-1-2 Header w/Crushers (Std. baffle)
  • S&S 570 Ez Start cams
This motor winds up quickly and pulls like a freight train from 2,500 RPM on up!

Attached Thumbnails  DYNO Numbers for Baggers???-107-in-s-and-s570ez-10.2-cr-std.jpg    DYNO Numbers for Baggers???-107-in-s-and-s570ez-10.2-cr-sae.jpg  
Old 04-03-2015, 07:48 AM
SGNEWB
Advanced

Originally Posted by Joker65
I took on a Winter project this year and put together a new 107" build.
I had the Andrews 57 cams, but with the upgraded build, I decided to go with a cam change too.
I ran the S&S 585's in a 106 a few years ago, GREAT cams, but at 10.8:1 CR, I needed a change.

This time around, I picked the tried and true S&S 570 cams; broad torque band, smooth power and
that nasty S&S cadence!! The torque comes on early and stays above 100 ft/lbs. to almost 6000 RPMs.

Here are the details and final results from my Winter upgrades:

2009 FLHR
  • S&S cylinders / CP 107 flat tops
  • Heads by Lee’s Speed Shop (Int: 1.91 / Ex: 1.575)
  • 87 cc @ 10.2:1 CR - 197 ccp (calculated)
  • HP-Inc. 54 mm TB w/ SE 5.3 injectors
  • Fuel-Moto 2-1-2 Header w/Crushers (Std. baffle)
  • S&S 570 Ez Start cams
This motor winds up quickly and pulls like a freight train from 2,500 RPM on up!
See I should have bit the bullet and went ahead and done some headwork to have mine pull out a bit further like yours But yes I do love the new power as I am sure you do as well! Looks great, enjoy!!

Old 04-04-2015, 06:07 PM
RC07ultra
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kennedy81
Sorry I'm just getting back to you, picked the bike up Saturday and have put 400 miles on it since.
Bike feels good. Surprisingly, the numbers show lower on the dyno than I expected. I don't have the sheet in front of me, but I think it showed 85 hp and 110ft/lbs. Honestly though, it feels like a lot more. My '92 FXR with an Evo is about 90/90, and the ultra feels and pulls every bit has hard, which says a lot, since it is at least twice the weight.
My set up is: SEST, SE204 cams, Rush 2:1 exhaust, and DK breather.
The bike pulls very good. I'll try to get the dyno sheet scanned in and posted soon.
Got it re-tuned today ended up almost 82HP 94TQ wish I save the money and not done it again,Bike does run well but after re-tune lost some take off, kind of falls on its face then takes off didn't do that before, but it is what it is not spending more money on tuning. Not happy with the people who recommended this cam to me and about the numbers they get with just a cam swap, wish I would have went with a different one or not at all.

Quick Reply: DYNO Numbers for Baggers???