Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DYNO Numbers for Baggers???

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 12:18 AM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: DYNO Numbers for Baggers???

Lighten up Dudes! Maybe they don;t have a scanner or just don't give a rats **** what anyone thinks. I know I sure don't.

If you said that to me, I'd tell you to F-Off!

Old 03-20-2007, 12:46 AM
parakiller
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its all in good fun Phil. Take your own advice and lighten up a little.Can wekeep the pseudo threats down to a dull roar? Nobody knocked on your door and told you to be upset here. RELAX

I am sure Hardluc1's scooter is all he says it is. Sounds like with the build he has he very well COULD put out those numbers...I would just like to see more dyno sheets. If we took EVERYTHING we read on the internet as fact (even in here) we would be pretty stupid.

Old 03-20-2007, 12:59 AM
purple haze
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HEY man don't have to talk like that to me I just would like to know if he did the job his self or paid builder, I would like to make that kind of power and yes I would like to know how much it would cost me and he is the one posting the number's so he must care what some of use think's ,I'm not rich or well off allway's worked for what I get in debt for so I do not have a scanner either just out of date lap top, I took picture's of my dyno because when I said what my bike was making on 100 degree day with very high humidity I had guy's more or less said I was lying about my power, because no engine mods. at all!!!!!! just D&D header ,S.E.R.T. , K&N , 8mm plug wire's had dyno-tuned at 1000 mile's and took this cheesy picture and my wife had it loaded on my lap top, but you don't have to talk to me like I'm a bitch or what ever you think I am!!! I don't try to start crap on this forum go to all my post's so you just back off of me bud because I'm not a punk you can TRY to scare so leave me alone!!! and like I said he posted the number's and if he isn't man enough to back um, what's in it for you????!!!! you don't post to me and I sure don't care to say any thing to get me 86ed off this forum, SO BACK OFF!!!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/24725/92F3449A960F4E5BB9F0D9FB8B204C72.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-20-2007, 01:47 AM
purple haze
Road Master

LIKE I told him, maybe pissed at something and we are fair game but I do not like it, I asked how much it all cost and he never uttered a word, so it's like bagger chick making 140 H.P 170 Tourqe she just came in and said we all where to slow for her, any way getting late and do not want some one fussing at me at bed time, I guess that is his bud or something, he is the one that came in here giving all this tech. talk and big number's and when you ask about it this guy goes bonger's ,I'm not a kid or whatever he think's but I don't let no one talk to me like that in person, but it's easy to hide behind key board and I'm not going to talk to him anymore, I do not want a nut job get me booted off this forum. good night PURPLE HAZE

[IMG]local://upfiles/24725/FF9491C7395C4E3994F9CAFBBE47F2D2.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-20-2007, 05:10 AM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 321 Likes on 197 Posts

Relax Purple Haze! Hardluc's numbers are totally believable. Whether he built it or had it built doesn't matter. You should really take the time to find out what a build like that costs for yourself. It's not hard with the miracle of the internet. Nice way to greet a guy to the forum.

Old 03-20-2007, 04:56 PM
pirateeye
Novice

ORIGINAL: PhilM

Lighten up Dudes! Maybe they don;t have a scanner or just don't give a rats **** what anyone thinks. I know I sure don't.
I'm with you Phil. Those numbers are totally believable...we know this for fact, right? Besides, a person with the slightest amount of Photoshop experience can make a dyno sheet look like anything they want. If they have enough time to do that, or want to waste their time on a forum lying about their numbers...so be it. But until I can prove someone to be a liar, I don't accuse.

I was once told that a sub-9 second, normally asperated, non-nitrous, small block chevy with a 2 bbl carb couldn't be built...3 months later...it ran an 8.7 second quarter. Now how many people would believe that?

As for me and Phil, we are running in the 112/114 category ourselves...damn Phil...if we don't post our sheet...we must be lying! HAHAHA

Let's have fun fellas and congratulate these folks for their successful builds...who care's if it's truthful. Besides, they'll know and...It's all about having fun anyway, right?

Old 03-20-2007, 06:09 PM
purple haze
Road Master

WELL hell that's what I was trying to DO ask him what it cost or if he did it or had builder do it, so than someone else come's out and said something that was out of line!!! And then you want me to research inter-net ,It does not make since!!?? SO ask someone else but not the guy who said he had just did it, MAN you are out of line giving me lame responce about how to ask about some one's build, if he did not want any one to ask him why would he run the post???!!!! What's up!!! JUST a certain group run's this forum like it's there toy and you can play if you will let me!!! TELL that stupid responce to someone else not me!!! I did not cuss orget mad, the other guy come's from left field with his rage, so what should I do? Just let you or him get on me for a question? LIKE I said I sure hope you guy's are not running this forum because if you are I don't need your rule's and guideline's that let's this get blown out of shape, like I said before DUDE I have allway's been re-spectful to any and everyone I have talked to, this is first time I have been pulled out in open and made to be a chump or whatever you or he think's, so withyou guy's coming out to support his story now I don't think it was true. He said that he had made THREE DYNO RUN'S so if he could do that then he could share on the build, cost, and sure I would like to see one of his DYNO'S, I do not have scanner old lap top, and I was called liar about my number's so took picture and had my wife install on this piece of crap lap top cheer's to you and Phil and the guy making all that power from 88 to 95 C.I, I had a 05 15th anniversery FAT BOY and it was no where close to his number's, again that's why I asked him, don't say it then get mad if someone ask you how, JIMMY CRICKET are you the one's in charge?? JUST have fun and ride safe I'M OUT!

Old 03-20-2007, 09:03 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 321 Likes on 197 Posts

Haze - I'm not giving you a lame responce. Some people do not appreciate being asked how much they paid for things. It is very simple for you to look up the parts that are listed on someones build and do the math for yourself. This could be the reason you haven't got a response from the guy. Not because he's lying about his build as you seem to be hinting at.

As for your other issue on challenging his dyno numbers because he didn't post a chart, Here is mhow I see it: Hardluc's description of his build and the resulting numbers make sense. I wouldn't go call out every person that doesn't post a chart. Even worse, I wouldn't be calling out every person that claims higher numbers than your own build. I would challenge those builds that look suspicous. If someone is claiming their stock compression/head 88" with 510G cams is making 105/110, ask for the damn chart. Just use some common sense when calling someone out. You might also consider cutting a new forum member a little slack. They are probably here to learn just like you and I.

I'm done.

Old 03-20-2007, 09:28 PM
HARDLUC1
Intermediate

I had the machine work done Kendall Johnson's and put it together thenhauled it back for dyno work. Started with stock head pipe and KW slipon's and stock jetted carb. Made101 hp and 110 ft lbs and had very strong bottom end but lots of spark knock that could not be tuned out. Went to the 42 mikuni with bassanis and picked up big hp numbers but still had knock and slid rattle. Changed to S&S ist ignition with E carb kit and withthat combo I have no more spark knock. I live in nc mountians and the earlier combos wouldnot ping at lower elevations but would inthe mountians. The 42 mikuni would rattle the slide so hard with the bassani road rage that other riders would look at it so the s&s set up stopped allmy problems.I can stumble my way around these forums half assed but but as far as post pictures? not this idiot. You can call kendall johson customs and they will remember me cause i wore them out over there first ignition system and the spark knock problems . They did not dominny bagers at that time., mostly customs or lighter hd's. Had this set up for about a year and a half and get around 40 to 42 mpg if I can control my right hand then millageas low as 28, oh well.. have a dyno set some where , Built a new house and still look'n for things but if any one knows kj's work knows that this is his standardkind of hp numbers for his 95" motors. Prices, if you have them do everything cost is around $3400 at that time and I save around $1400 . There ain't anything that anyone can say that will bother me purple haze. I have been through to much to worry about the little stuff in life.. Would I do this setup again ? hell no, not on a bagger. If this thing blows up I would lower the comp 1 point and a smaller cam..

Old 03-20-2007, 09:35 PM
parakiller
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great info Hardluc1. Sounds like you ran the gambit on your scooter. Thanks for posting the $ info...that helps alot of us make important decisions on what direction to go with the build. Also the cost to benefit ratio as well.

Thanks again.

Para...

Quick Reply: DYNO Numbers for Baggers???