Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DYNO Numbers for Baggers???

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 09:57 PM
snowmass
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I found the answer. Post 2213 by Harleytuner on page 222 posted a very similar torque curve for a similar build that he did, and said it's typical. That answers that. Overall this seems like good bang for the buck.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:57 AM
1hogbiker
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2010 Ultra Limited Dyno chart.

Attached Thumbnails  DYNO Numbers for Baggers???-scan0003-1-.jpg  
Old 03-12-2011, 07:00 PM
Bdhouse61
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Thumbs up

Just picked up my bike from Bloomington HD in Bloomington IN after having them install my SEPST and running it on their dyno after I installed my V&H power duals with Bassani slip-ons.....got top HP @94.65 and TQ @113.61.

I know its not the highest on here I'm sure but it definitely went up !!

Old 03-12-2011, 07:11 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hd2009man
Just picked up my bike from Bloomington HD in Bloomington IN after having them install my SEPST and running it on their dyno after I installed my V&H power duals with Bassani slip-ons.....got top HP @94.65 and TQ @113.61.

Hope you have a 110 SE motor with those numbers. And that's still high with no cam and head work.

Old 03-12-2011, 08:45 PM
harleyiron80
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whats your cam and cui did you have any head work

Old 03-13-2011, 07:58 AM
producer
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Are you guys riding in Indiana yet? I almost went out on Friday afternoon; Mnpls 44 degs? Then it got real windy.

Old 03-13-2011, 02:46 PM
Stoood
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs down Response from Vance & Hines Re. Performance Issues with THEIR Duals:

Scroll clear Down to the Bottom for the latest Memo From VANCE & HINES:
Originally Posted by Stoood
I've been asking the same question for months. Perhaps we now have a common demonoinator. I've re-tuned 4 times w/ 2 tuners, the last has much more midrange. I Thought a simple 103 w/ se204's would do well in my trike. After trying 4 sets of (different levels of back pressure) mufflers, still lacking top end (in any gear), and still staying below 70 HP and 90 Ft. Lbs, I asked NIGHTRIDER.COM for help, as 2 shops "gave up". We can all learn from what was said:
Sent: Feb 13, 2011 4:11 PM
To: 'stoood'
SUBJECT: 08 FLH, SE 103 kit, SERT, V&H Duals w/ "BUB 7 Stealths", SE204's, Kury Intake
BODY { BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff; FONT-FAMILY: arial,sans-serif; COLOR: black; FONT-SIZE: 10pt}P { MARGIN: 0px}
Your current issue is a component problem and basic tuning issue. The V&H True Dual Headers are hurting your power. Historically these header pipes have just not been a good performance choice. I could not think of a worse choice if I had to.There is nothing inherently wrong with the BUB7mufflers. There are also some obvious issues with the fuel/ignition maps downloaded by SERT into your ECM. I am not sure what gear you are talking about "no power above 4200", but if you are talking about 5/6 gear on the street, this is to be expected. Your Dyno sheet pretty much shows this with max HP reached by 4200 RPMs and torque dropping off dramatically.

Your engine power is about where I a stock engine should be. A 103 engine with the SE204 cam should be around 80HP range. I strongly suspect the choice of exhaust system is the power bottleneck, along with some major ECM tuning issues.
Installing the LC-1's is not going to fix these basic issues.
Stephen Mullen
S&P Mullen Enterprises, Inc
-The Mgr. of the HD Shop raced Sportsters for 15 years, and recommended V&H duals to me OVER their Performance Duals, as he said they "had tuning issues with those, and they didn't perform well anyhow". He was trying to help us attain
80+ Hp & GT 100 Ft. Lbs w/ the new 103 kit, the SE204 Cams, and SERT he'd just installed.
-What do you all think of the following memo from V&H?
Doug,
"The dresser dual head pipes are a not a performance orientated system. They are mainly for looks, and to attain 50-50 exhaust flow from each mufflers. Also allows better flow for less heat build up as apposed to the stock header pipes. The Power Dual Head Pipes are a performance orientated system. They are 2-1-2 head pipes which incorporates the concept of a 2-1 system with a collector chamber. This system provides appropriate backpressure and flow for efficient combustion and overall performance gains".
"You are trying to get power gains off a system that will not perform regardless of the manufacture. This is not a manufacture flaw, its simply the design of pipe you have chosen. You can confirm this with any reputable tuner/mechanic and they will confirm that a true dual set up will not give you the necessary exhaust back pressure rate to allow your motor to perform at its maximum capability. Along with that, there could be possible tuning issues".
--
Hector Montoya | ____________________________
Vance & Hines
13861 Rosecrans Ave.
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
p. 562 .921 .7461
f. 562 .802 .0110
e. hmontoya@vanceandhines.com

I have NEVER seen ANYTHING about their pipes being only for looks or costing the user power, has anyone else? Sure,
any 2 into 1 is better, but won't fit in my application, I am stuck with duals. Maybe if they were stepped like most Mfg's, they'd perform? Your Input is Welcomed, Got a memo off to BUB, they have a "good performing dual system", for another $600+. It's that or bolt the stock pipes back on, I SHOULD get my money back, wasted SO much already, oh well. -Stoood

Old 03-13-2011, 08:06 PM
Bdhouse61
Road Captain

Originally Posted by cardboard
hope you have a 110 se motor with those numbers. And that's still high with no cam and head work.
yes i do...got the paperwork to show the numbers, thanks

Old 03-13-2011, 08:08 PM
Bdhouse61
Road Captain

Originally Posted by harleyiron80
whats your cam and cui did you have any head work
stock SE cam and heads

Old 03-13-2011, 08:20 PM
Bdhouse61
Road Captain

Originally Posted by producer
Are you guys riding in Indiana yet? I almost went out on Friday afternoon; Mnpls 44 degs? Then it got real windy.
I am in Illinois, but close to IN.....yeah it was 65 here saturday and lots of bikes out......I am sure you are tired of 44 by now??

Quick Reply: DYNO Numbers for Baggers???