Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DYNO Numbers for Baggers???

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 07:28 AM
coolerman69
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by imrotton2
you could probably get a lot better tune down the street at cc's..... what size motor you running
Running a 95. I'm considering dropping a tooth in my gearing and see what happens.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:34 AM
coolerman69
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by big6x6
You know... I am beginning to believe that! THANKS!
That torque curve looks like its fun to ride. I might need to consider those 211 cams!

Old 02-04-2011, 07:37 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by coolerman69
DJ thinks that huge dip was the tire spinning. I dont know! I thought seriously about letting c&c tune it. I wonder if they run a winter special like most others?
I doubt it was tire spin. Have him print out your wheel speed, you could probably tell from that. I'd be interested in seeing your air fuel as well.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:52 AM
coolerman69
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by harleytuner
I doubt it was tire spin. Have him print out your wheel speed, you could probably tell from that. I'd be interested in seeing your air fuel as well.
Not the first one, the one at about 37-3800 rpms. That is the point where you better have a good grip on the bars. It is almost like a double clutch on a dirt bike! I almost hesitate to change anything because there arent many HDs around here that will beat it but if the torque was moved left it might be "quicker" and more rideable.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:23 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member

Not the first one, the one at about 37-3800 rpms. That is the point where you better have a good grip on the bars. It is almost like a double clutch on a dirt bike! I almost hesitate to change anything because there arent many HDs around here that will beat it but if the torque was moved left it might be "quicker" and more rideable.
I'm not talking about the first one. that's the pipes/cam. I'm talking about the second one. Very strange, looks like it could go way rich or way lean there. Any way to get the A/F printout? And the speed printout? The speed printout will show you if the tires was spining and the A/F will show you if it's rich or lean. Is this consitent with all the runs he made? Or was it more of a fluke? What tire pressure were you running on the dyno?

Old 02-04-2011, 08:29 AM
big6x6
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That torque curve looks like its fun to ride. I might need to consider those 211 cams!
Here's what I'd do... I'd run it by Foster's and let Heath give it another go.. Prob wouldn't charge you too much if anything... RIGHT NOW they are pretty slow and have time to do it right! Give him a call!

BTW....Andrea let to go to the GM dealer.....

Old 02-04-2011, 02:02 PM
coolerman69
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by harleytuner
I'm not talking about the first one. that's the pipes/cam. I'm talking about the second one. Very strange, looks like it could go way rich or way lean there. Any way to get the A/F printout? And the speed printout? The speed printout will show you if the tires was spining and the A/F will show you if it's rich or lean. Is this consitent with all the runs he made? Or was it more of a fluke? What tire pressure were you running on the dyno?
This was just one HP/Tq run. No adjustments made, no AF readings taken. 40 psi tire pressure. Does it just need a good tune? 13000 miles on the build.

Old 02-04-2011, 02:05 PM
coolerman69
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by big6x6
Here's what I'd do... I'd run it by Foster's and let Heath give it another go.. Prob wouldn't charge you too much if anything... RIGHT NOW they are pretty slow and have time to do it right! Give him a call!

BTW....Andrea let to go to the GM dealer.....
gonna miss Andrea! Surprised to hear she's gone. Thought she bled HD! I might let Heath tune it. This was just a HP run he didnt tune it at all. He was surprised it broke the 100 mark.

Old 02-04-2011, 04:00 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member

This was just one HP/Tq run. No adjustments made, no AF readings taken. 40 psi tire pressure. Does it just need a good tune? 13000 miles on the build.
Now we're getting somewhere. Yes I would say it need a good tune. You'll get dips like that if the air fuel is way off. Before you get to serious about wanting to make changes, find out how much a shop will charge to do some air fuel runs to see how far off it is. I will bet you that you'll find it goes really rich or lean in the area where it dips. I'm just having a hard time believing that your spinning the tire on a dyno, maybe if they are running a load but not if they aren't. I tune 130 HP + bikes all the time and the tires don't break free like that, unless the brake on the dyno is on or the load is on.

Old 02-04-2011, 04:01 PM
imrotton2
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they used to send dyno tunes to another shop... most dealers just wanna install a canned map

Quick Reply: DYNO Numbers for Baggers???