Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DYNO Numbers for Baggers???

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 08:26 AM
AZSN8S
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by harleytuner
The printout is showing just wide open throttle, so a bike can be tuned perfect for WOT and still run like crap if that makes sence.
Well I guess he tuned it for how he knew it was going to be run, HAHAHA!

Na, just kidding, but I do like to light the wick on occasion.

This thing just seems to run flawlessly all the way around. When you do get on it it seems to come on right out of the hole and pulls like a bull all the way through upper. I'm very pleased with the results.

Thanks for looking at it and commenting. Obviously you've got experience in this area and your opinion is respected - not your first rodeo so as to say.

Old 11-10-2010, 09:27 AM
producer
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

The printout is showing just wide open throttle, so a bike can be tuned perfect for WOT and still run like crap if that makes sence.[/quote]

Correct HT! I may start a thread called "Dyno numbers / Driveabilty / Gas mileage". I will open it up for discussion; focusing on all three topics and how they all can be dialed in. I am not a dyno technician but I know enough to get myself in trouble. Maybe you could start it too. What's your thoughts?

Old 11-10-2010, 03:43 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by AZSN8S
Well I guess he tuned it for how he knew it was going to be run, HAHAHA!

Na, just kidding, but I do like to light the wick on occasion.

This thing just seems to run flawlessly all the way around. When you do get on it it seems to come on right out of the hole and pulls like a bull all the way through upper. I'm very pleased with the results.

Thanks for looking at it and commenting. Obviously you've got experience in this area and your opinion is respected - not your first rodeo so as to say.
Sunds like yu have yourself a good tune then, the main things after a tune is how it behaves after the tune. Most riders won't get on the bike, shift up to 4th gear and twist WOT at 2000 RPM's all the way to the rev limiter so the printout for the most part is worthless. What it does do is give people some comparison, past / future build and so on.

Old 11-10-2010, 03:51 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by producer
The printout is showing just wide open throttle, so a bike can be tuned perfect for WOT and still run like crap if that makes sence.
Correct HT! I may start a thread called "Dyno numbers / Driveabilty / Gas mileage". I will open it up for discussion; focusing on all three topics and how they all can be dialed in. I am not a dyno technician but I know enough to get myself in trouble. Maybe you could start it too. What's your thoughts?[/quote]

You should start it. I'll subscribe and offer my .02, not that's it's worth anything. The thing people need to know about dyno printouts is this, that's the one part of the tune the tuner knows that the customer will see, (the printout), that's where alot of tuners will spend a good amount of there time. When I see "choppy" lines and and A/F line wavy as all get out, it makes me question the rest of the tune, because if that's the best they can give you and they are showing it to you, then you might have a bike that's pretty far out of tune. For me, I spend a good amount of time tuning the lower throttle positions, then when I am done I set the AFR tables where I want them set the load on the dyno and cruise it to verify the A/F is where I want it. Then I hit the road with it and check for other things, decel popping, spark knock and all around rideability. Don't get me wrong, dyno pritouts are cool and all, but that is such a small area of a tune, not to mention one of the easiest areas of the MAP to tune.

Old 11-10-2010, 09:11 PM
imrotton2
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good lookn numbers azsn8s.... my old scooter used to be almost identical to those,,, 103",570 cams 2/1 vh, older se heads.. think mine did 108hp and 127 tq..i'm running smaller valve heads now and still pullin 102hp and 122 tq... the main thing is the bike is fun to ride and aint no slouch when you call on it....jmo

Old 11-10-2010, 10:58 PM
AZSN8S
Cruiser

["good lookn numbers azsn8s.... my old scooter used to be almost identical to those,,, 103",570 cams 2/1 vh, older se heads.. think mine did 108hp and 127 tq..i'm running smaller valve heads now and still pullin 102hp and 122 tq... the main thing is the bike is fun to ride and aint no slouch when you call on it....jmo"]

Thanks Imrotton2 - I'm with you on that, "fun to ride and ain't no slouch when you call on it." I'm having a bunch of fun with it. I rode EVO's until July and actually thought they ran pretty good until I got this thing, and especially after I had some engine work done. Man have I been living in the past! HAHAHA! ttyl

Old 11-11-2010, 09:28 AM
producer
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll start it today.

Originally Posted by harleytuner
Correct HT! I may start a thread called "Dyno numbers / Driveabilty / Gas mileage". I will open it up for discussion; focusing on all three topics and how they all can be dialed in. I am not a dyno technician but I know enough to get myself in trouble. Maybe you could start it too. What's your thoughts?

You should start it. I'll subscribe and offer my .02, not that's it's worth anything. The thing people need to know about dyno printouts is this, that's the one part of the tune the tuner knows that the customer will see, (the printout), that's where alot of tuners will spend a good amount of there time. When I see "choppy" lines and and A/F line wavy as all get out, it makes me question the rest of the tune, because if that's the best they can give you and they are showing it to you, then you might have a bike that's pretty far out of tune. For me, I spend a good amount of time tuning the lower throttle positions, then when I am done I set the AFR tables where I want them set the load on the dyno and cruise it to verify the A/F is where I want it. Then I hit the road with it and check for other things, decel popping, spark knock and all around rideability. Don't get me wrong, dyno pritouts are cool and all, but that is such a small area of a tune, not to mention one of the easiest areas of the MAP to tune.[/quote]

Old 11-11-2010, 06:23 PM
bdbaggr
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey guys, i have a scanner but im having trouble with the transfer of dyno to hd forum, it says enter url, i need some help im low tech. thanks

Old 11-11-2010, 06:45 PM
FUZZY
Tourer

If you saved it a photo hit "browse" & find it. double click. hit upload. Or you can save it on photobucket , copy image link & past in here.

Old 11-12-2010, 12:21 AM
bdbaggr
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

on the quick reply there is an icon with "attach url" i dont see a browse button, this is my area of stupidity run wild and im not in denial here, but i do need a for dummies explanation. my dyno sheet is in the "my pictures" on my computer....walk an old boy through it if you will. thanks

Quick Reply: DYNO Numbers for Baggers???