Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DYNO Numbers for Baggers???

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 03:55 PM
White Eagle 1
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks ! my mechanic for the dyno likes to do it at 5000klms,.i dont know why.But i ve seen how they do the dyno maping and ......they push the bike to the limit.......thats why i was asking for a better map if someone had one.I am from Montreal ,Canada.......Thanks any way...i ll keep the forum informed....Ride safe

Last edited by White Eagle 1; 05-20-2009 at 05:06 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:48 PM
00wildcat
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've just recently completed my "stage 1" mods and need to tune My PC-V right now it's based on the 255 SE cams and slip-on mufflers as Jamie didn't have any maps for my cams. My mods are in signature, my exhaust is 1 3/4" stepped to 1 7/8" 12" out from port into 2 1/5" collector followed by 24" supertrapp w/ 20 disks (now) all ceramic coated silver. It's really lean part throttle at 3000 rpm, almost unridable w/o any disks. My problem is money is short now and my budget only allows $300-$400 now, so do I buy an Innovate hand held wide band O2 data logger and tune it myself open loop (I have many other vechicles that this tool would be usefull on), or buy Auto Tune module for Automatic closed loop tuning, or take it to Rolling Thunder (based 2hrs away in Joplin, MO) a reputable dyno tuner for $200 one time custom map? I plan to do head work over the winter and possibly larger (maybe cable operated) throttle body. Is it possible to make the throttle by wire more responsive so that it "feels" like my hand is connected to the throttle body? sorry post is so long. no matter what route tuning I take I will post results and share my map with anyone interested.

Old 05-27-2009, 05:00 PM
Piggy791
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2004 Ultra just dyno tuned with SERT to 92 HP and just under 95 lb-ft of TQ. What do you think of the numbers with this build?
95" big bore, SE Pro high compression pistons, SE Pro performance heads, SE 257 cam, SE Pro air cleaner and breather, and Rinehart True Dual Exhaust.
Those 257 cams don't start getting excited until past 3000 RPM, but it sure is fun to drop the hammer. The SE catalog doesn't lie when it says they're for "high end HP", that's what it loves to do. AFR is 13.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:21 PM
tjwallib
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HQ 113 Build-work in progress

Still working on tweaking the tune myself with TTS on an 2007 Ultra
113 HQ build with their 575 cam, 10.5-1 compression, SE Throttle Body, Zippers air cleaner, DandD FatCat with Quiet Baffle, SE Clutch Spring and VPC. Complete Darkhorse crank rework
Run was made at SAE Correction 1.00, 78.43 F, 29.41 in-Hg and 23% Humidity

Attached Thumbnails  DYNO Numbers for Baggers???-dyno-run.jpg  
Old 05-28-2009, 06:54 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

I just don't get why people spend that kind of money on a build then skimp on a good tune?

Old 05-28-2009, 08:43 AM
vtwinbmx
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tjwallib
Still working on tweaking the tune myself with TTS on an 2007 Ultra
113 HQ build with their 575 cam, 10.5-1 compression, SE Throttle Body, Zippers air cleaner, DandD FatCat with Quiet Baffle, SE Clutch Spring and VPC. Complete Darkhorse crank rework
Run was made at SAE Correction 1.00, 78.43 F, 29.41 in-Hg and 23% Humidity
Looks like you need to do somemore vtune runs.Did you shut of PE for the Dyno runs? Run the bike hard when you do your vtune runs. You will see your ve tables peak and then fall off when your getting close to a well tuned bike. After your done tuning your projection may still be off for WOT. Find a tuner to tune this area if you feel it important to be right on .The dip you see between 3500-4000 RPM is from the fat cat. YOu should be able to get that a little less of a dip.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:14 AM
Fast FLHX
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What gains are people seeing on the 103" Kit with 255 cams/breather/exhaust when adding a good set of Heads?

Old 05-28-2009, 10:44 AM
vtwinbmx
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast FLHX
What gains are people seeing on the 103" Kit with 255 cams/breather/exhaust when adding a good set of Heads?
no more then 2-3% gain. look at http://www.roederracing.com/ or http://www.bigboyzcycles.com/

Old 05-28-2009, 12:22 PM
tjwallib
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HQ 113 Build

Originally Posted by harleytuner
I just don't get why people spend that kind of money on a build then skimp on a good tune?
Can't say that I feel like I'm "skimping" on a tune, I'm more interested in the satisfaction of doing it myself, and tuned to how I ride. I put it on a dyno for "curiosity sake" and to see if there was something really ugly in the power output. I also can't say that I have a tremendous amount of faith in nearby tuners either. Where this was run at, wanted to make point of showing me a run from one of their builds, power didn't come on until 4500 and they rung it out to 7000,,,,,sorry, not interested, just don't ride like that on a bagger.

Originally Posted by vtwinbmx
Looks like you need to do somemore vtune runs.Did you shut of PE for the Dyno runs? Run the bike hard when you do your vtune runs. You will see your ve tables peak and then fall off when your getting close to a well tuned bike. After your done tuning your projection may still be off for WOT. Find a tuner to tune this area if you feel it important to be right on .The dip you see between 3500-4000 RPM is from the fat cat. YOu should be able to get that a little less of a dip.
Didn't disable PE for the run(s) and yes, I'm aware that the fat cat has a reputation for dip right where mine shows.
Yep, more "work" to do for higher rpm and kpa, can't say that I'm overly stressed over that area though, as it is just so rare that I wrap the RPMs that high while I'm riding. Was pleased with how flat the torque was, but also have to say I thought it might "put out" a little more than it shows,,,,who knows, another day, another operator, blah, blah, blah, but for right now, 40mpg, running pretty cool and great roll on power even in 6th

Old 05-28-2009, 12:40 PM
Fast FLHX
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vtwinbmx

That's not a good power to $$ ratio.

Quick Reply: DYNO Numbers for Baggers???