Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DYNO Numbers for Baggers???

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 09:48 AM
BEAST
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

94.1 WhlPwrHp, 95.1 WhlTrqlb-ft

Old 02-14-2009, 05:55 AM
wheelspin
Advanced
Default Turbo54 #'s

Turbo54, If you still have the old style MM injection I would say the #'s look good. Torque is real nice & hp is always down about 10 hp with MM injection compared to the newer Delphi's from what I understand. MM injection takes alot of dyno time & $$$. You could always change to a carb setup with a Mikuni & pick up HP & Torque. Do the basic setup & have a dyno pass with a sniffer up the exhaust & tweak the carb & ignition settings and go back for another run on the dyno.
wheelspin
Originally Posted by turbo54
pritty good numbers, Im rideing the same year bike with 510 cams and gear drive , thunderheaders 95cc, here are my numbers with a sert. 86 hp 96 tq

Old 02-14-2009, 02:31 PM
Bacon
Intermediate

Finally had mine dyno-tuned. I have a 08 Ultra Classic anniversary with Monster Oval slip-ons, Arlen Ness Big Sucker, and a PCIII. Final numbers:

Max HP: 76.14
Max Torque: 87.74

Old 02-14-2009, 08:43 PM
golfinfool
Intermediate

Just got my '09 EGS in Denim Black today. V&H Dresser Duals, Monster Ovals, RSD A/C and SERT. Very pleased with the results, was thinking about going with different cams at first but with #'s like these I might just keep it stock. Tuned by IndyWest Harley in Plainfield, IN

Max HP = 80.23 @ 5100
Max TQ = 96.31 @ 3300
Has 90+ ft-lbs Tq from 2100 to 4500

Last edited by golfinfool; 02-14-2009 at 08:51 PM.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:36 AM
Blownglide
Cruiser
Default 2009 Road glide 96"

Only mods to engine are SE211 cams, SERT,Rinehart slip-ons,Procharger intercooled blower and Snow performance methanol injection for cooling. Runs great!

Attached Thumbnails  DYNO Numbers for Baggers???-dyno-meth-006.jpg    DYNO Numbers for Baggers???-dyno-meth-001.jpg  
Old 02-15-2009, 10:03 PM
Open Road
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Bad Disposition
08 Ultra Classic with:
103 CC
SE ACR Ported Heads/.30 head gaskets
10:5:1 Weisco Flattop Pistons
Power Commander III
SE 258 Cam
Bassani Headers with SE Slip-ons=96 hp 106 tq.

I do not like the way the Bassani Heades look and want to change them out however, I do not want to lose the performance, does Rinehardt make a two into one system with a dummy pipe for the left side, and if so is the system comprable to the Bassani's performance?

How loud is the Rinehardt system?
I see the work you've got done and expect some big numbers. I get to the bottom and see numbers that are low. Then I read some other posts in this thread where you're talkin about matching your build then give you some advice or where you're ho-hummming another member because his numbers aren't what yours are.

I can't match your build.....don't have near the work done to mine. And I don't claim to have a bad *** bagger.....some of my road dogs have bad *** baggers. Having said that, I can tell you that as mild as mine is (in comparison to those I ride with) that my numbers are sure a lot better than yours. Maybe it's the bassani holding you back.

103" with K&N high flow A/C, Vance & Hines Pro Pipe, HD Race Tuner, Fueling oil pump, Freedom gear drive cams and it pumps 104HP and 113 ft. lbs. torque.

Just funnin you about the Bassani exhaust. Let me just say that it's not the sum total of parts that you have that makes the difference but the compatability of the parts that you have used. My bike is running stock heads, pistons and compression but the mods that I have made all complament each other and that's the key.

You've got some changes to make to have a bad *** bagger.....you might want to find a bad *** motor man to start with.

P/S the guy who posted just before me has bad *** bagger!

Attached Thumbnails  DYNO Numbers for Baggers???-my-dyno-sheet.jpg  

Last edited by Open Road; 02-15-2009 at 10:13 PM.
Old 02-15-2009, 10:09 PM
Open Road
Road Captain

Originally Posted by wheelspin
Openroad, Can you give me some info on the freedom gear cams? Who makes them and what baffle in the V&H pro pipe? Did you do any modifications to the baffle? Nice torque curve.
wheelspin

Call Freedom Cycles in Reno, Nv. and ask for Brad.........the man knows motors. I have several friends riding some pretty fast baggers that Brad did the work on. He designed the cams and the exhaust......he knows his stuff.

His gear drive cams for the 103 and the 110 are bolt in (no head work required) plug and play. Look at my post just above and my dyno sheet. If you're wanting performance but want to keep the reliability of a stock motor, you might want to give Brad a call. Tell him J.C. from sent ya.

Old 02-16-2009, 04:46 PM
bwickes
Cruiser
Default 04 vs. 07L dyno numbers

Originally Posted by Open Road
Call Freedom Cycles in Reno, Nv. and ask for Brad.........the man knows motors. I have several friends riding some pretty fast baggers that Brad did the work on. He designed the cams and the exhaust......he knows his stuff.

His gear drive cams for the 103 and the 110 are bolt in (no head work required) plug and play. Look at my post just above and my dyno sheet. If you're wanting performance but want to keep the reliability of a stock motor, you might want to give Brad a call. Tell him J.C. from sent ya.
Open Road,

Good numbers and thanks for posting.

FYI, the 07 and later 6 speed bikes seem to produce about 6 point less (CF: SAE smoothing 5) than earlier bikes with the same build. Also, the SE heads are not the same as stock heads.

Just an observation.

B

Old 02-16-2009, 06:01 PM
FastBagger07
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well said OpenRoad!

Old 02-18-2009, 05:14 AM
Harp_oon
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

07 streetglide
Stock 96" V&H slipons, K&N open filter, PCIII usb Dynoed @ 74,96hp 86,2Lbft

Quick Reply: DYNO Numbers for Baggers???