Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who hates wiping down the chrome?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 06:09 PM
Ironhorseman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who hates wiping down the chrome?

+1 on the Mr. Clean, the deionized water doesn't leave any spots on chrome. I just wash it, rinse it and let it air dry, no spots. Best product I've used in a long time. Just remember to use the "special" soap and a new filter after every 8 washes or so and it works great. Well worth the cost IMO.

Old 05-23-2008, 06:16 PM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Been using the leaf blower for years!I like to get right down there with the chrome and polish it up, gives me a chance to go over the bike, see how things are, anything loose, look weird, etc., just good maintenance. Of course, this was much more important on the shovelhead,I usually had some wrenches and screwdrivers ready, always something, better now with the RK, but I still look. Couple things I learned here and now I clean with H2O2 on the bugs, a quick wash with a good wash solution, usually Turtle Wax, blow dry with a leaf blower and Pledge the whole thing, windshield, paint and chrome. If I really put time into it, could take an hour, if I'm in a hurry, I can get a good lookin' ride in about half that.

Old 05-23-2008, 06:20 PM
jmorton10
Road Captain

I bought the Mr Clean system after reading all these glowing reviews of it. It now sits in the garage with all the other useless gadgets I have purchased over the years.

I found that the "filtered water" took so damn long to rinse anything (& if you don't rinse long enough it streaks & spots), that I could do everything faster the old way (& I do blow it dry)

~John

Old 05-23-2008, 06:23 PM
DKSS07
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Jrsess

Beers, Tunes, Polish!
Same here but more of it. [8D]

Old 05-23-2008, 06:26 PM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: jmorton10

I bought the Mr Clean system after reading all these glowing reviews of it. It now sits in the garage with all the other useless gadgets I have purchased over the years.

I found that the "filtered water" took so damn long to rinse anything (& if you don't rinse long enough it streaks & spots), that I could do everything faster the old way (& I do blow it dry)

~John
Yeah, I got one out there somewhere, too. Tried to give it away, no luck. Guess everyone I knew already tried it. We have a water softener and the outside taps don't go through it, so that sort of sucked for a while, but when the ol' lady wanted another tap on the back ofthe house for the garden, I ran two, one unsoftened for her gardens, the other softened for washing my darling "Ruby". Been thinking seriously about hooking it up so I can mix hot and cold so my baby doesn't get cold. [8D]