Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would you ride a moped?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 05:49 PM
relli
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Would you ride a moped?

ORIGINAL: mwriggs

Scooter , moped, whatever,if gas gets as high as you have been hearing this country is going to be freaking broke!!! I dont see boats, hot rods, SUV's, jeeps and trucks that we all have and love to play in being remotley possible to drive if gas gets much higher, and then what??? I have a $40, 000 bass boat, that I wont be able to use or sell, a $20, 0000 Harley that I wont be able to use or sell, and a $40, 000 truck that I wont be able to use or sell.
My point being, if I have to resort to a Moped, then how much higher is everything else going to be ie groceries, power, etc etc. The housing market is lousy, along with everything else.

Sorry for the rant.....................................
i dont think NOT riding my Harley is an option.I dont have a choice. I MUST RIDE.i can think of a lotta things ill give up before that. and IF I had ta give up my Harley ya may as well start showin me burial plots. cant see life without music or bikes.

Old 05-28-2008, 06:16 PM
Phurion
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: relli
i dont think NOT riding my Harley is an option.I dont have a choice. I MUST RIDE.i can think of a lotta things ill give up before that. and IF I had ta give up my Harley ya may as well start showin me burial plots. cant see life without music or bikes.
For the record, it was never an option to give up my SG. I was looking for something with better gas mileage than either my car and/or the bike (only scooters fill that requirement), but not IN PLACE OF the bike.

I opted to get rid of the car for something with better fuel economy/mileage. RX8's (rotary/wenkle engine) isn't known for being efficient on mileage, but it sure puts out some damn nice power for a small engine.

It was a 2004, and I traded it in on a 2008 Mazda 3 Sport 5 Door. Kept some of the sporty look, gained fuel efficiency, and also got back some cargo space I lost when I traded in the PT Crapper on the RX8.

Even so, I wouldn't hesitate riding a scooter if I needed even more fuel economy. Again I'll say, those who wouldn't switch to something more fuel efficient if (when) gas hits $12 to $15 per gallon, I'm happy you have the funds to burn ("more dollars than sense"). I don't.

And speaking of music....

http://www.jamesgang.net/music.asp

Once a musician, always a musician. It's a blessed curse I tell ya.

Old 05-28-2008, 06:44 PM
Cristen
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was joking with my friends recently about getting a cutepink Vespa. Laconia Bike Week here I come!!

Old 05-28-2008, 07:42 PM
SG 1
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would. But I won't give up my SG.