Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

your seat opinion

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 07:04 AM
JCFLHRS07
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default your seat opinion

I am pretty new to the the Harley Davidson scence my *** road on a05 BIG DOGPITBULL for a couple of years,(stiil got it)looking to put a sole seat on but still would like the option to take the wife for a spin, but do not have a clue on where to start, brand, style? any suggestion? Thanks!

Old 05-23-2008, 07:12 AM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: your seat opinion

Here is one option and you can get a matching pillion for it.

HD Seat

Old 05-23-2008, 07:52 AM
bucs012
Road Master

Mustang has many options too. Solo seat with removable passenger seat. As for comfort. To each his own.

Old 05-23-2008, 08:14 AM
mrbuck
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

check out www.ccseats.com they have some sweet lookin custom seats for around the same price as the competition

Old 05-23-2008, 08:22 AM
Trock
Outstanding HDF Member

Buy something like a C&C solo and keep the stock seat. It only takes a minute to switch

Old 05-23-2008, 08:41 AM
Ultra007
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Corbin classic solo! You can get either of two passenger pillions but I would agree to keep the stock two up. The Corbin comes off in about 3 seconds with the key lock. The passenger pillion goes on in about two minutes too but wouldn't be as comfy for the wife as the stock two up.
You could change from the Corbin solo to the stock two up in less than 5 minutes. I've done it many times.
With all due respect, the Sundowner solo is an *** pillow. I have one I'd sell, as I replaced it with the Corbin. I can ride much longer with no discomfort than with the Sundowner.
I know Corbin has gotten a bad rap on here but my experience with them was very good. You can customize the seat with any combo of materials and stitching at no extra charge.
My wife has a Mustang solo on her Heritage and I did ride that bike for awhile. Couldn't wait to get off that thing.
Seating is a matter of taste and expectations so try a few out. But do remember that many of the closed cell foam seats such as Corbins take some getting used to as they will seem too firm at first. The seat pan supports the rider not the tons of foam.

U

Old 05-23-2008, 09:08 AM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with Ultra 007, I have the Corbin Classic Solo and love it. I also bought the Corbin passenger pillion and use it when mama wants to ride around town. The way the Corbin solo attaches in the front it is easier to do that than try and put the stock one on. If I'm hauling mama on a long out of town trip I will take the solo mounting bracket off and put the stock seat back on. I love the Corbin seat !!!

Old 05-23-2008, 09:35 AM
HogBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depends on how often your wife will ride. Some use the Ultra seat with excellent results.

Old 05-23-2008, 09:40 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 267 Likes on 226 Posts

I second FLHT's recommendation! I had one on my '03 RK and it was the most comfortable seat I've ever had, hands down. Low-slung with awesome lower back support. Not too pricey either.

Ride safe,

John

Old 05-23-2008, 11:54 AM
bike_r_trash
Banned
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Take a look at Mustang. I've had their seats on my bikes for years and I've always like them...plus my passenger has always been happy, which is very important to my riding enjoyment...

Quick Reply: your seat opinion