Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discount HD parts: Surdyke vs Chicago Harley - my experience

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 03:29 PM
harleybill2008
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Discount HD parts: Surdyke vs Chicago Harley - my experience

My experience has gone both ways.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; I ordered 2 SE air cleaners, one for me and another for a buddy.&nbsp\\; It took 12 days to get the two air cleaners which I though was pretty good considering they probably have tons of orders.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; I had also ordered a spark plug cover the same day which was March 31, 08.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; About 3 weeks ago I get a box and opening it up I find the wrong part number.&nbsp\\; It was one number off but again, not what I ordered.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; Just assuming that they would try and get my order out asap since it was their mistake, I shipped the part back to them the same day I received it.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; I called there back on May 28 (wed) to see what the status was and they told me that&nbsp\\;BOTH parts&nbsp\\;were in and that they would ship asap.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; Of course I figured that with UPS taking&nbsp\\;about 4 days and then a couple of days to actually ship the parts out I would have them last week.&nbsp\\; Well it's been 11 days now since and I still haven't gotten the parts that they said were in.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; Hopefully I will see the box on my porch when I get home but I'm not going to hold my breath.&nbsp\\; It's obvious that they have problems somewhere in their process and they need to be resolved but I just don't think they give a crap.&nbsp\\; You have some turd making 6.00/hour and he doesn't have any pride,&nbsp\\;work ethic or incentive&nbsp\\;to get the stuff out to people in a timely manner so here we wait.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; The least they could do is give us the person in charge's email address so people could address these problem and maybe come up with some solutions.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; Just my 2c..