Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T-Bag Dakota Or Harley Tour Pack Rack Bag

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 10:09 AM
thehueg
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-Bag Dakota Or Harley Tour Pack Rack Bag

To insure the wife has enough room for "stuff" on our trip from Boston to Yellowstone on our Ultra Classic (' 08), I am going to buy one of the two luggage options above. I have the luggage rack already. Either the T-Bag Dakota or the Harley Tour Pack Rack Bag. The pricing is a little different but not enough to rule the Dakota out. However, the Dakota is quite a bit larger (9" wider). If the bag is too large, it might block my view or just be too heavy and affect ride stability or safety. Any recommendations out there?

http://www.tbags.com/Detail.aspx?ID=...;selectedcat=4

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Old 05-21-2008, 10:55 AM
tv7son
Cruiser

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: T-Bag Dakota Or Harley Tour Pack Rack Bag

http://www.cycleluggage.com/nelson_r...000_trunk.html

I have the same problem you do...hauling enough stuff for the little woman....

I have the Nelson-Rigg GWR-1000...perfect fit and it does not block my rearward vision...
This bag is a little cheaper and is real nice, it has rigid sides and bottom..You can read about it in the above link
I feel it is a good buy for the money.

I feel the bags you are looking at won't block your rearward vision either. But I would
pack the heaviest stuff in the saddle bags.

I hope this helps you a little..

SFS

Old 05-21-2008, 11:02 AM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: thehueg

However, the Dakota is quite a bit larger (9" wider). If the bag is too large, it might block my view or just be too heavy and affect ride stability or safety. Any recommendations out there?
the Dakota has the two side, removable pouches, that is where the extra 9" comes in. I compared them all and went Nelson Rigg, great buy for the price. Harley is pricey 'cause you get the logo and T-Bags have become so popular I have watched their prices rise quickly, also. Nelson Rigg is another of the good players out there, just not as well known yet.

Old 05-21-2008, 11:08 AM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 on the Nelson Riggs bag. I just got one and if the OL doesnt have enough room in this, a trailer is in order. It's a great bag.

Old 05-21-2008, 11:33 AM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Belson Rigg GWR 1000 bag for my 08 Ultra and love it. Perfect size for a darn good price.

Old 05-21-2008, 11:57 AM
MikeTra
6th Gear

I just purchased a RoadReady Bag for my tour pack. It fits perfectly and is waterproof. Paid about $110 for it. Might want to look at them. I had the Dekker and it wasn't water proof..had to pull out a small waterproof bag to put over it....kept blowing off!
Mike

Old 05-21-2008, 12:15 PM
gunnert
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Dakota and really like it. The wife gets the Dakota, I get a bag in the tour pak, then the saddlebags get the liquor, foul weather gear, and a few tools/rags, etc...

Old 05-21-2008, 12:47 PM
jakester
Tourer

Just when you think you have it narrowed down, someone throws you a curve ball..Thats the HDF WAY Gotta LOVE IT!!!!!!.Love my Nelson Rigg....Have a GREAT TRIP!!!!

Jakester[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 05-21-2008, 04:12 PM
poppa cooter
Tourer

check out cabelas dry bags much cheaper cost and if your just using it rarely who cares what the bag looks like 2-300 for a bag is way to much,2-300 dollars i better be gettin some chrome or rear tire installed.

Old 05-21-2008, 04:32 PM
Dr.Hess
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,906 Likes on 1,425 Posts

I'm sure those 2-3 bill bags are really nice and all, but for the past fifteen or twenty years, we've just used an inexpensive luggage bag about the same size and shape as that T bag with side pockets, etc. and bungied it on the rack. I use two three way bungies and have never had a problem. The bags go for ten or fifteen bucks. I think I got my last one for free at HF with some purchase. I line the inside with a trash bag and have never had wet clothes.

Quick Reply: T-Bag Dakota Or Harley Tour Pack Rack Bag