Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RIDE-STR8, GROUP PURCHASE DISCOUNT

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 04:35 PM
baron3547
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RIDE-STR8, GROUP PURCHASE DISCOUNT

Where is the site for the TWR?

Old 05-20-2008, 04:42 PM
Puzzled
Banned

Does the TWR come in black to match the left side?

Old 05-20-2008, 04:47 PM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: baron3547

Where is the site for the TWR?
Right here on the forum............

https://www.hdforums.com/m_3231654/tm.htm

Old 05-20-2008, 04:50 PM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Puzzled

Does the TWR come in black to match the left side?
Yeah, Tracy just shows it in the raw aluminum so it'll stand out better in the photos. IRL it's powder coated to match the frame. Beautiful workmanship, great fit, & IT WORKS!

Old 05-20-2008, 08:28 PM
klammer76
Road Master
Received 305 Likes on 207 Posts

I talked to the owner of ride str8 today as I wanted to order one of his units at the group rate. He said that there needed to be 10 members placing orders to get the group rate. I was between the TWR & Ride Str8. I PM'd Tracy & he was great. He answered all my questions & was very helpful. My reason for going w/the Ride Str8 is I run a White Bro's E-series 2 into 1 pipe. It has a weld plate that I think will interfear with Tracy's TWR unit due to the thicker size of the brace. Tracy told me how to measure and it's just too close. I only want to take the exhaust off once & don't want the down time if I had to do a return.

I do think it's a pain to have to send a check in this day & age for the ride str8.I prefer a credit card or paypal. Just that much longer to mail a check across the country. If it wasn't for my exhaust issue, I would go with the TWR due to the ease of ordering & the fact that Tracy is very helpful. I also have never heard him put down the other product which I think shows class.I think both units will perform about the same and agree that they are both some what over priced, but then again very few things aren't when it comes to bike accessories.

Klammer

Old 05-20-2008, 09:30 PM
Chicago Spike
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Puzzled

Chicago Spike nice Road Glide.[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=smiley20.gif]

Thank you

Old 05-20-2008, 10:15 PM
Medicfrost
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I was set to buy the Ride Str8 since reading about the installation of it from American Bagger. I have seen the TWR on eBay, but had never heard anything about it, until I got onto this site. I quickly changed gears as soon as I read all the good raves about TWR, and saw the significant price difference for members, and decided to give it a shot. Tracy was extremely nice, very honest about some of the modifications my bike needed, being a 2002, and evenasked me to contact him if I had any problems changing the bushings to my bike. I've had it one for about a week, and absolutely love it. My handling has improved drastically, and the product is extremely well made. Installation isn't as easy as the Alloy Art, but I have a lowered bike, and wanted to preserve the clearance space I have. I definetly would recommend the TWR anyday.

His website is: http://www.twrbaggersplus.com/

Old 05-21-2008, 11:15 AM
StreetglideOK
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How does the RideStr8 fit with Rineharts?

Old 05-21-2008, 11:22 AM
Weavr99FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

The design of both the Ride-ST8 and the TWR is vastly different for older models (i.e. 1999). They do not have the large bracket that everyone talks about when discussing the products. Are there any reports on the forum, that I can't seem to find, for the model brackets that fit the older model E-Glides? and are the differences between the TWR and RS8 that are with the newer ones, the same in the older models (cnc'd vs. weld?)

Old 05-21-2008, 01:37 PM
Puzzled
Banned

Weaver99FLT you and I use the same part numbers for our bikes. I haven't found much information for the early stuff. I have found a few pictures and a couple of different products.

The TWR.

(the pictures won't post, tried 3 times, oh well)

The Missing Link on Grandeur's page. While it has the same name I wonder if it is the same product. The one pictured has an isolating rod end as opposed to two solid rod ends. I like this version. This seems like it would eliminate the vibration that some have said they have felt.

http://www.grandeurcycle.com/site.htm

Ride STR8
http://www.ridestr8.com/

Concept Design Cycle (another Canadian company)
http://www.cdc-cycle.com/ProductDeta...roductID=20393

I like the "L" bracket as it seems like it would spread the stress load a little more as opposed to all on one side of the trans case. Than again I don't imagine there is a tremendous amount of stress placed on these brackets.

All of the companies are in the same ball park for price. I'm a dealer for CDC and their retail is on par with every other posted price when it comes to group pricing. I do like the one pictured on the Grandeur site (Don't like them). There isn't much to one of the early kits, a rod assembly and a couple of opposing brackets. I beleive they are priced accordingly at $200 ish.

Decisions Decisions

Quick Reply: RIDE-STR8, GROUP PURCHASE DISCOUNT