Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

follow up on 06 Ultra exhaust popping on decel

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008 | 12:41 PM
ywhat2000
|
Cruiser
Default follow up on 06 Ultra exhaust popping on decel

Hello all....

I recently asked for help on my 06 Ultra for slight popping upon decel. Well thanks for all the great input. I did come across a tech tip that made a huge difference on my bike. I took my bike to the local dealer and was surprised to find out it was ordered originallyfor the General Manager of Crete Harleywith a 3 pagelist of options Yahoo. I let the service manager take the bike for a ride. He explained he had installed most of the add on's himselfincluding the stage 1 kit.I guess the general manager is a good friend of his. He showed me a trick for the popping of the exhaust. He took the throttle held it wide open engine off key on and let it snap back. He explained to me to listen for a click after the throttle returned to its stop. All i can think of is there is a micro switch built into the TPS sensor tha needed adjustment.I remeber on the cars the throttle plates would build up a tarnish causing the TPS sensor to not fully close. Thesensorout of adjustment will not control the fuel cut. My bike idles 100 rpms slower and has a nice gurgle sound no pop on decel. Also the clutch was out of adjustment by 3 turns what a difference that made also. I sometimes explain things wrong. I do hope this might help someone else.Snaping the throttle might knock the carbon off of the throttle plates. I will ask if there is a cleaning proceedure. This was a huge problem with Chevrolet on the intake throttle plates. We used to have to clean throttle plates constantly. We also had a problem with Idle air Control sensors. The seats and pintles would carbon up causing unstable idle and tip in hesitation, irratic decel hunting in the idle circuit. Will talk more to the techs and post to all. Everyone have a safe and happy holiday.