Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DIFFERENCE BETWEEN KHROME WERKS +2 SWEEPER AND WILD1 WO575

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 09:15 PM
BoomerBob
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by roadcapt
I was thinking of swapping out the handle bars out on my 09 ultra for something like the wildones. The dealer said that it would be around 1000 bucks due to all the labor involved because i would need a new clutch cable as well as a new brake line. But I guess what adds to the time involved is removing the gas tank where the ABS controller is...so when i heard that estimate i said i guess the stock handle bars are good enough for me. oh well
I would run, not walk, from any shop saying they need $1k to do this swap. I didn't want to do this on my '99 EG so I went to my local Indy and he charged me $150 in labor to do this. I think that's a fair price for a shop considering they won't do the job all in one shot. They'll do it while they have some down time while working on something else or several other projects.

Don't let them rip you off like that. Fair is fair but that would be a total rip off in my little 'ole humble opinion.

BB

Old 03-28-2010, 10:53 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Okay, now I have to get the sweepers dammit.

Old 04-04-2010, 10:24 PM
snowmass
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by masterblaster
I moved from a 07 RKC with Heritage bars (the stockers killed me after an hour) to a 09 Ultra with sundowner seat. I am wondering which one of these bars would be the most similar on my 09 Ultra as I had on my 07 RKC with Heritage bars? I am not in the pain I was with teh RKC stockers but after 500 - 700 miles I do feel a little discomfort.
Did anybody ever answer masterblaster's question? I was kinda wondering the same thing. Would the sweeper or sweeper+2 be more like Heritage bars?

Old 04-04-2010, 11:07 PM
jtourche
Advanced
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I've got a 1 year old set of black powdercoated Khromewerks +2 Sweepers and all +3 Stainless cables (clutch, throttle, cruise/idle, front dual brake) for a 2007 FLHX for sale ($ 125.00 shipped - pay via PayPal). PM me if interested, I'd rather give someone here a deal than putting them on eBay. I loved the look and feel of the Sweepers, but I couldn't leave well enough alone and went with a set of 13" Cyclesmiths.

Old 04-04-2010, 11:35 PM
Mr Cujo
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jtourche
I've got a 1 year old set of black powdercoated Khromewerks +2 Sweepers and all +3 Stainless cables (clutch, throttle, cruise/idle, front dual brake) for a 2007 FLHX for sale ($ 125.00 shipped - pay via PayPal). PM me if interested, I'd rather give someone here a deal than putting them on eBay. I loved the look and feel of the Sweepers, but I couldn't leave well enough alone and went with a set of 13" Cyclesmiths.
PM Sent

Old 04-05-2010, 04:53 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

I will give you a report when I get them installed.

Old 04-05-2010, 07:03 AM
Deuce Bigelow
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Casper
what about a RG, still need to replace the clutch cable? thought everything was go on them.
I just installed the +2 sweepers onto my new 2010 Road Glide.
no need to replace any cables.

just re-route the clutch cable and front brake line to compensate for the added pullback of the bars.
All I did was move the front brake line inside the speeedo/ Tach pod to the bottom of the triple tree (it was going to the top of the tree), no need to disconnect it.
the clutch cable had to be disconnected from the lever and brought throught the forks. (you will see where it neds to go.)
you have to remove the fairing to get to the TBW plug to disconnect it, then took the old bars off and, with the old bars on the workbench, pulled the TBW sensor out far enough to unplug the small connectors that are near the end of the sensor.

then with the new +2 sweepers on the work bench, fed the TBW harness into the new bars and plugged in the TBW sensor and put it into the new handlebar.
the rest is just reassembly...

I also installed "Rumble Collection" heated grips while I had it apart...

Attached Thumbnails  DIFFERENCE BETWEEN KHROME WERKS +2 SWEEPER  AND WILD1 WO575-cimg0030.jpg  

Last edited by Deuce Bigelow; 04-05-2010 at 07:33 AM.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:01 PM
troop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

Does the radio need to be removed to install new bars? Could be a PIA to remove the deck/amp/etc. And if using stock clutch cable when rerouting, is it stretched pretty tight?

Old 09-12-2010, 06:23 PM
rebbe18
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Removing the radio is easier than it looks. Just unplug all the connectors and use a ball-end allen key to remove the 4 screws (2 on each side). The radio slides right out.
As for the clutch cable, if you route it outside the fairing in front of the inner fairing, it is not stretched and is fully functional. However, it really doesn't look very good. Do yourself a favor and buy a +4 clutch cable.
When I installed my WO575's, I did all the work and rerouted the stock clutch cable in front of the inner fairing. I then rode to a local independent Harley mechanic who installed the new +4 clutch cable inside the fairing (I didn't want to install it in the tranny myself.....I'm good but not that good).
Much better look and great bars.

Old 09-13-2010, 09:18 AM
inverse121
Tourer
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Since troop resurrected this thread, do the sweepers +2 block the fairing mounted mirrors?

Do the plain sweepers provide any additional rise or just a little pullback?

Quick Reply: DIFFERENCE BETWEEN KHROME WERKS +2 SWEEPER AND WILD1 WO575