Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

true duel or slip on

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 10:19 PM
Richpend
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default true duel or slip on

My 08 ultra will be here in june, can’t wait....big question??? I know it is a matter of preference but I’m not sure if I want to go true duel or just slip-ons on the stock pipes??? I have heard good and not so good things about going true duel,has to do aboutlow end torque etc.... I ‘m looking for a good rich sound and as far as loudness on a scale from 1 to 10 1 being stock I would like about a 7 for loudness any suggestion out there?????

Old 05-19-2008, 10:27 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: true duel or slip on

hard krome trex looks a 10 loudness 8 jmho

Old 05-19-2008, 11:02 PM
jpdubbs
Intermediate

Having the same delima myself. Hope to hear some opnions.

leohd, Man that is a sweet ride. ( and booty shot )

JPW

Old 05-19-2008, 11:05 PM
Odd Job
Tourer

IMHO....save some money and frustration and stay with the stock HD crossover pipesand go with either the Supertrapp SE's or HD SE Touring mufflers, to me(5 maybe 6on your scale) for loudness. Currently I have V&H True Duals and couldn't tell any performance gain other than an equal, liouderand balanced sound coming from the rear, additionally my V&H ovals (5-years old now) are getting to loud for me and am seriously thinking about switching back to my HD SE Touring mufflers. I guess what they say is true..."if it's too loud, your too old"!!

Others will have their opinions also so in realityget what sounds good for you!

Old 05-20-2008, 04:12 AM
Born2cure
Road Captain

Bub 7 true duel! deep sound and can still hear the radio at speed. also sets off the car alarms in the garage at work. may be what your looking for.
John

Old 05-20-2008, 04:46 AM
HoggerCom
Intermediate

BUB Rinehart True Duals any day of the week (you'll need to get a Power Commander module also), if your budget allows.

Rinehart True Duals, I'd rate at 6.5 or 7 for overall loudness... but 10 plus for sound "quality". They sound awesome at idle, and even better wide open on the interstate.

They're just right.. as far as the "neighbor annoyance" factor goes. They sound very natural at idle and low speeds, like when you're pulling out of your driveway in the morning.. and if you don't whack the throttle too much, most neighbors won't recoil at your presence.

You'll hear a thousand opinions from a thousand riders.. you may be happy with another exhaust choice.. but one thing is for sure.. you won't be unhappy at all with the Rineharts.

Old 05-20-2008, 04:55 AM
Sefferdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Born2cure

Bub 7 true duel! deep sound and can still hear the radio at speed. also sets off the car alarms in the garage at work. may be what your looking for.
John
+1 on the Bubs. I might have lost a little low end torque, but not enough to matter. Bike runs much cooler with the true duals and sounds AWESOME.

Old 05-20-2008, 06:22 AM
chappy_2336
Cruiser

You'll be happier with the sound of the true duals, it just didnt seem right with 75% of the exhaust coming out the right side. My .02

Old 05-20-2008, 07:01 AM
Windup08
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've been there and think I made the wrong decision. I went with Vance and Hines slip-ons on the stock header. I know they say you loose a little on the low end with the true duals, but I've been kicking myself in the butt for not doing it. I would go with the Vance and Hines true duals and keep my slip-on mufflers (I think they will still work with the V&H headers). Since I'm running a SERT I will probably have to have the bike dynoed again if I switch out the headers to true duals, so it likely won't happen this year. Go with the duals for the looks and the sound.....and I don't think you will notice the little bit of loss.

Old 05-20-2008, 07:14 AM
PRrdglide
Road Master
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

I went with the True Duals To get away from the heat Had them on for 7000. miles VERY Happy As Hog Said depends how you work the throttle is how loud they are. I got mine shipped tothe house fo 640.00 Ck Ebay they will run weekendsales every so often

Quick Reply: true duel or slip on