Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuelmoto Rush Baffles - what are you running?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 08:31 PM
RoadKing_Al
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fuelmoto Rush Baffles - what are you running?

What is the difference in thefive types of baffles(how do they effect the bike performance, etc.)?
1.50"/ 1.75" / 2.0" / 2.25" / 2.50"
Why did you select the size your running?

Old 05-18-2008, 08:48 PM
KSGLIDEGUY
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Fuelmoto Rush Baffles - what are you running?

I am running the custom 1.75" baffles Jamie designed. The right side muffler has a larger baffle than the left. The larger the baffle the more open and louder the exhaust.

Old 05-18-2008, 09:16 PM
hubble
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

+ 1 on the custom baffles. For a stock exhaust they work great

Old 05-18-2008, 09:28 PM
Meist21
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also running the custom set up that Jamie did. Not too crazy loud but really barks when you get it. I love it. Took some getting used to on the rumbling on decel but I love the overall sound. Nice set up. Give Fuelmoto a call and I am sure that Jamie or Keith will be glad to explain.

Old 05-18-2008, 10:36 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

You should include Fuel Moto's asymetrical baffle setup in your poll. The left has a 1.75" baffle with a 3/4" reversion cone, the right a 2.0". It's the best of the lot.

Old 05-18-2008, 10:57 PM
Mississippi Bagger
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: iclick

You should include Fuel Moto's asymetrical baffle setup in your poll. The left has a 1.75" baffle with a 3/4" reversion cone, the right a 2.0". It's the best of the lot.
I installed Fuel Moto baffles described above by iclick. The low and mid range torque increase was REALLY surprising. While I am enjoying the extra torque, I just can't get used to how quiet my ride is. I was running 2.5 inch baffles on both sides before.

I have about 1000 miles on with these new baffles, and I have been trying to get used to it. Am going on a 5 day trip later this week, when I get back I am going to give Jamie at fuel moto a call and see what I can do to get it a bit louder while retaining most, or all, of the torque gain.

Here is an audio file that I made after installing the fuel moto baffles:

http://s215.photobucket.com/albums/c...baffles008.flv

Old 05-19-2008, 05:50 AM
100thRK
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: iclick You should include Fuel Moto's asymetrical baffle setup in your poll. The left has a 1.75" baffle with a 3/4" reversion cone, the right a 2.0". It's the best of the lot.
When I bought my Ultra I told them to put the Stage 1 AC and a set of Rush mufflers on it. They put Rush 2.5 on it. Way too loud so I bought 2.0 Rush baffles. Better but still too loud for me. I then installed theFuel Motos asymetrical baffle setup. Thesetup performs like a 2 into 1.I am very impressed with performance of this setup even with just a Harley downlaod in the bike. I picked up, seat of the pants, noticeable low end torque. The baffles have a different packing then Rush uses and it quiets the bike down some but still has a good deep sound. I may go to a Sert or PCIII but for now it is running very well.I checked the plugs before and after the install. They went from very light tan to a darker tan with just the baffles change. Of course this all in just my opinion.

Old 05-19-2008, 06:01 AM
nujohn
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1.75 From Jamie love then not to loud .but when you jump on them they sound nice
Run them with my PCIII What a differant ride Had my bike Doctor fine tune and nearly no poping on decel

Old 05-19-2008, 08:16 AM
bucs012
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can only tell you what I bought last week and should get this week. 1.75 Rush Slip ons with fuel pack from Fuelmoto. Decided on this because I simply want the nice HD sounds, but no headackes or super loud pipes while on the interstate. For long rides, I like to hear my stereo.

Old 05-19-2008, 08:21 AM
RD GLD
Outstanding HDF Member

I had the 1.75's and then went to the custom set up as mentioned above along with the AN Big Sucker and PC III.

Quick Reply: Fuelmoto Rush Baffles - what are you running?