Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuelmoto Rush Baffles - what are you running?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 10:21 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
Default RE: Fuelmoto Rush Baffles - what are you running?

ORIGINAL: Magos

iclick,

I just REALLY torqued the clamp and it fixed the walking issue (whew!)

JoeSwiatek - How many miles do you have on those rush mufflers where they started giving you that issue?
I had problems with it early on, but didn't notice it for months. The first indicator was when the muffler had moved all the way rearward on the hanger, and only it was keeping it from moving further. Even a new clamp didn't help, so I improvised. Now it can't go further, so the problem is solved. No problems yet on the left muffer.

Old 05-19-2008, 10:33 PM
primdl
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Magos

How do the Jackpot mufflers differ from the RUSH Mufflers? What about the baffles? I'm curious as to how it runs like a new bike...

Don't really think there is a lot of difference...all he uses is the muffler body anyway. The story he told me was that Rush wanted to assemble his unique configuration of baffle at their factory, and Jamie didn't want to give out any secrets as to what he has perfected, so he is making the move to Jackpot. He wants to keep assembly right there at his shop. Can't say as I blame him. As for how it runs like a new bike, I guess any bike that gets stage 1 upgrades is going to perform better. My 02 Road King was completely stock, and was a real dog performance wise. I just bought it last fall used. With these additions, the seat of the pants dyno noticed a big difference, not to mention the sound. Just right for what I wanted. Hope that helps.

Old 05-19-2008, 10:49 PM
HarleyDawg
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the XIED's installed on my bike. Could I use the FuelMoto custom Rush slip ons with out any other mods?

Old 05-19-2008, 11:03 PM
Mississippi Bagger
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: RoadKing_Al

ORIGINAL: Mississippi Bagger

I installed Fuel Moto baffles described above by iclick. The low and mid range torque increase was REALLY surprising. While I am enjoying the extra torque, I just can't get used to how quiet my ride is. I was running 2.5 inch baffles on both sides before.

I have about 1000 miles on with these new baffles, and I have been trying to get used to it. Am going on a 5 day trip later this week, when I get back I am going to give Jamie at fuel moto a call and see what I can do to get it a bit louder while retaining most, or all, of the torque gain.

Here is an audio file that I made after installing the fuel moto baffles:

http://s215.photobucket.com/albums/c...baffles008.flv
When you say quiet, I assume your comparing them to the 2.5 baffles and not stock exhaust. I'm still running stock and consider that real quiet.
I'm starting to see though which way everybody is leaning to.
Yes, compared to the 2.5 baffles, it is substantially quieter....I may get used to it yet...time will tell. One thing is for sure, I am really likeing the extra power!

Old 05-19-2008, 11:06 PM
Mississippi Bagger
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote]ORIGINAL: iclick

ORIGINAL: Mississippi Bagger

ORIGINAL: iclick

I have about 1000 miles on with these new baffles, and I have been trying to get used to it. Am going on a 5 day trip later this week, when I get back I am going to give Jamie at fuel moto a call and see what I can do to get it a bit louder while retaining most, or all, of the torque gain.
Maybe pulling some of the packing material out would make it louder, but I wouldn't know how much to suggest. I doubt if that would affect performance at all.
Yeah, I have thought of that, also thought of putting the 2.5 back in the right side only....but am going to wait until after this 5 day trip to see if I can be happy with them as they are.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:52 PM
dchoran
Road Warrior

2.5" ROCK YOUR SOCKS OFF - GREAT ON A BAGGER - FREAKS PEOPLE OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-21-2008, 06:46 PM
Moonrunner
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts

I had exactly the same problem after about 1500 miles or so. Right baffle rattled loudly inside the shell, so I took it out and put a 1 inch wide two layer wrap of foil exhaust repair tape on the forward end. $2.69 for about6 ft at checker auto. The baffle is tight now, so I think it should stay that way.

Old 05-21-2008, 06:57 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

i run 2"....love em....repacked once with 16k on em, it was gettin loud

guys to fix your slip on problem .... go to the hydralic hose store in your area...buy a T-BOLT CLAMP .....it does not have the limiter inside the split on the clamp(bolt goes thru it) ....use some copperseal and crank em down

Old 05-21-2008, 08:12 PM
bikerbehaviorist
Road Master

Bryan TTM is copperseal like thread lock?

Also thoseof you runnning Jamie's special baffles I just ordered with 1.75s shoud I call and get the special baffles instead???

Old 05-21-2008, 09:47 PM
bikerbehaviorist
Road Master

Or is copper seal like high heat permatex???
I use this stuff
http://yhst-1918367471896.stores.yahoo.net/wuexpa.html

Quick Reply: Fuelmoto Rush Baffles - what are you running?