Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuelmoto Rush Baffles - what are you running?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 08:55 AM
alqaadir
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Fuelmoto Rush Baffles - what are you running?

+1 on the Fuelmoto custom setup

Old 05-19-2008, 10:22 AM
RoadKing_Al
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mississippi Bagger

I installed Fuel Moto baffles described above by iclick. The low and mid range torque increase was REALLY surprising. While I am enjoying the extra torque, I just can't get used to how quiet my ride is. I was running 2.5 inch baffles on both sides before.

I have about 1000 miles on with these new baffles, and I have been trying to get used to it. Am going on a 5 day trip later this week, when I get back I am going to give Jamie at fuel moto a call and see what I can do to get it a bit louder while retaining most, or all, of the torque gain.

Here is an audio file that I made after installing the fuel moto baffles:

http://s215.photobucket.com/albums/c...baffles008.flv
When you say quiet, I assume your comparing them to the 2.5 baffles and not stock exhaust. I'm still running stock and consider that real quiet.
I'm starting to see though which way everybody is leaning to.

Old 05-19-2008, 10:43 AM
Magos
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed the Rush 2" Mufflers last Friday and WOW - they sound GREAT and I'm supposed to be pickin up an extra 5 ponies. Highly recommended. I had to really tighten the left muffler cause it kept slidin off but it's good now. Great buy at $319 shipped!

Old 05-19-2008, 11:08 AM
vtwinbmx
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I ran the 1.75 untill I went with the custom baffles. Great power and sound.

Old 05-19-2008, 11:53 AM
primdl
Cruiser

I took my 02 Road King up to Jamie a few weeks ago, and he talked me into the Jackpot mufflers he has started using, with his custom baffles. AC and PCIII install there also, and it DOES run like a new bike. Great people with never ending customer service, and a nice, clean shop too.

Old 05-19-2008, 11:56 AM
Magos
Tourer

How do the Jackpot mufflers differ from the RUSH Mufflers? What about the baffles? I'm curious as to how it runs like a new bike...

Old 05-19-2008, 12:15 PM
JoeSwiatek
Advanced

The Fuel Moto setup runs great in my '08 Ultra. Janie apparently has done his homework. I notice a pretty good boost in the low-end torque. The only problem I have is that the right-hand side baffle rattles inside of the Rush muffler. They are only held by one 1/4-20 screw. I have removed the baffle and bent/tweaked the forward end of it so that it fits tighter and it started rattling again!! I guess I'll have to drill a hole in the bottom of the muffler and put a sheet metal screw in. Anyone else have this happen? I am open to any other suggestions.

Old 05-19-2008, 12:16 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

[quote]ORIGINAL: Mississippi Bagger

ORIGINAL: iclick

I have about 1000 miles on with these new baffles, and I have been trying to get used to it. Am going on a 5 day trip later this week, when I get back I am going to give Jamie at fuel moto a call and see what I can do to get it a bit louder while retaining most, or all, of the torque gain.
Maybe pulling some of the packing material out would make it louder, but I wouldn't know how much to suggest. I doubt if that would affect performance at all.

Old 05-19-2008, 12:20 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: Magos

I just installed the Rush 2" Mufflers last Friday and WOW - they sound GREAT and I'm supposed to be pickin up an extra 5 ponies. Highly recommended. I had to really tighten the left muffler cause it kept slidin off but it's good now. Great buy at $319 shipped!
If the muffler continues to "walk" rearward, buy a second rubber bushing from HD, the one that suspends the muffler on the rear. Place it in front of the stock bushing on the same flat metal hanger, and that will keep it from moving beyond that point. My right muffler would not stop walking, and this fixed it.

Old 05-19-2008, 01:20 PM
Magos
Tourer

iclick,

I just REALLY torqued the clamp and it fixed the walking issue (whew!)

JoeSwiatek - How many miles do you have on those rush mufflers where they started giving you that issue?

Quick Reply: Fuelmoto Rush Baffles - what are you running?