Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sturgis- Hog Heaven Camp Ground

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 12:41 PM
SpiderPig
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Sturgis- Hog Heaven Camp Ground

Getting ready to make reservations for Sturgis. Anybody ever stay at this campground? I will be tenting it, and it looks like they are reasonabley priced at 105.00 for the week. Any opinions are appreciated. I will be taking my 16 yr old son to see the country and do not want anything wild.

Old 05-18-2008, 12:48 PM
StankyWanky
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sturgis- Hog Heaven Camp Ground

Hook up with some skanky ho and use her place to crash at. Saves money, just don't forget to take a healthy dose of penicillin before you leave.

Old 05-18-2008, 01:00 PM
Abnmarine
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: StankyWanky

Hook up with some skanky ho and use her place to crash at. Saves money, just don't forget to take a healthy dose of penicillin before you leave.
Classy. You must of not read his post about having his 16 year old son with him and not wanting something wild.

Old 05-18-2008, 01:16 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

My brother and I stayed there twice. It's pretty sparse, but the nice thing is the price. It can get a little rowdy at the pavillion at night. Some nude chicks having stripper contests. Showers were hot, early in the a.m. And it's close to everything. Not nearly as rowdy as some of the campgrounds, but then again, probably not G rated. Your call. You can always hit the sack early with your son, and avoid any of the R rated stuff. Regards, CCRyder

Old 05-18-2008, 01:44 PM
sweetglide
Intermediate

We stayed there last year for the first time. We rode in from the west so access was very easy, you don't have to ride through town to get to your campsite,again if you ride in from the west.Coming from the east the off ramp can get backed up but they all do during the rally. It has easy access to the freeway for your rides. We stayedat the 85' full hook ups and it was greatthere. There are places that have shade for tenters but they will go quick. We did not venture around the campground much so I can't comment on the evening happenings.The showers were clean and plenty of hot water. I'd stay there again.

Old 05-18-2008, 02:24 PM
SpiderPig
Outstanding HDF Member

BigSkyhd and Sweetglide, thanks for your help and comments. It sounds like I should be able to control some of the events if they are getting too wild. I am sure its nothing he hasnt seen already. Looks like it should be a good choice.

Old 05-18-2008, 03:41 PM
Snobal
Tourer

I have camped at Hog Heaven about 7 times since the 55th Rally.

Always enjoyed it. The best things about Hog Heaven are:

- Location, location, location. You can almost coast into downtown, and quickly get onto I-90 when you want to go somewhere. Way too much to see and do around Sturgis to sit in camp and just get drunk....

- Lots of shade and clean showers with hot water. I like to shower in the early afternoon when I get back from the day's putt so there is never a line:-)

- They did have a specificarea sitfor non-drinkers, and another area for the folks that like to party a little in the evening, then get some sleep (I was told this was the 'old folks area' and I stayed there every time). Both were found bygoing tothe right at each fork as you ride up the mountain. Ask if they are still doing this --- my last visit with them was 2005.

- If you want a quiet place to camp and meet a bunch of nice folks, Hog Heaven may work well for you. I've made friends from all over the country at this campground.

- The "Chat & Chew" restaurant is cleverly hidden in the gas station at the bottom of the hill. They open a back patio for the rally and serve a good breakfast at far less than the rip-off prices I've seen elsewhere. Also, there covered, open-air patiois one of the few places I've found where you caneat, relax, and have a smoke.

- Thefood at Hog Heaven is ok to good.The hamburgers from the small booth in the upper partof the campground were trulygreat in '05.

Another good place is the Days End, just on the otherside of I-90. I plan to try it this year.

Now if youdon't care for clean showers, or hot water, or shade, or ever getting any sleep due to the non-stop noise, spend a few hundred dollars for admission and stay at the BuffaloChip (this is not recommended for anyone under age 25!!!!).I really do like the Chip--- but the road into town is a little too policed for my taste.

JMHO

Old 05-18-2008, 04:13 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,240 Likes on 1,851 Posts

Stayed last year, loved it....course we were up top in a motorhome

Old 05-18-2008, 07:11 PM
SpiderPig
Outstanding HDF Member

Snobal and Dawg, Thanks for the info and details. This will be a 1st time trip for me to Sturgis. So any comments will be helpfull.

Old 05-18-2008, 07:27 PM
R8BOOMER
6th Gear

Have stayed there twice. Not too noisy and crazy. Hot showers in the morning. Bus comes there to take you downtown if you don't want to ride. you can also have all your camping gear shipped there, they hold it for you until checkin and then you can ship it back home at the end of your stay so you don't have to haul all of that sh*t with you!

Quick Reply: Sturgis- Hog Heaven Camp Ground