Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saddlebag support brackets - BROKE-its, BREAK-its, but not BRACKets...

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009 | 11:08 AM
thealien
Road Captain

I just replaced both sides, both sadllebag supports, and changed my bag guards to the black ones. I had welded my left one years ago and the weld held very good, ugly but good. I was throwing them away but maybe I will save, weld and grind them (maybe even powdercoat them black)?

You do have to take your time and adjust everything. Make sure your saddlebag quick release brackets are adjusted properly also. If you do carry anything heavy keep it in the front of the bag as the support in the front is much stronger than the rear!

Old 01-04-2010 | 08:58 AM
ArizonaFalconer
Tourer

when I purchased the bike It had the right side broken. It was repaired under warranty (What sucks is that the parts were the same price as the "Deductible" So I ended up paying the same amount). The crapper is that now my left side is broken. I don't over-fill my bags, and I have the Support bracket that passes underneath the fender similar to the SG, my bike did not come equipped with a bumper.

This is my third warranty repair since I purchased this bike in September. I am thinking I'm going to call the dealer and tell them this one is on them.

Old 01-04-2010 | 11:10 AM
gabulldog
Tourer

I will probably "Jinx" myself with this statement but I have not had a problem (yet) with these brackets breaking but I do have to put a drift pin into one of the holes to line up the bolts. It/they will not just fall into place, something is twisted as far as the left and right brackets the fender bracket/fender, etc. I don't see anything that appears to be bent or out of line. I did buy all new brackets when I changed my Ultra Classic to more of a Street Glide look.

Old 09-07-2010 | 07:56 PM
shipping
Stage IV

i too have rienhart true duels and broke the left bracket. just keep rain gear in there . don't know what the problem could be but hope this is the first and last one at a 107 bucks for one. let me know if u found out anything thanks

Old 09-07-2010 | 11:11 PM
KING'S RIDE
Tourer

happened to my left side also, and i have the fender bumper.

Old 10-25-2010 | 10:45 AM
mcipriotti
Stage IV

Found one of mine broken while at Sturgis this year. Wired it back into place til I got home, then found the other one broken too. One good thing is that the saddle bag and all its mounting hardware are covered by warranty.

Old 10-26-2010 | 10:46 PM
electra glide
Road Captain

Just noticed my bumper broken right at the brackets, both sides. Brackets coming out of the fender still looked good, I think. I removed the broken bumper,and was hoping to leave it off, but I guess I will have to get something else for added support.

Old 04-25-2011 | 10:21 PM
shakak
Cruiser
Angry

found my rattle....left side bracket

Old 04-25-2011 | 10:43 PM
131tman
Road Master

15% thicker than stock/dimpled bend - $85.95 shipped for the pair HERE

Old 04-25-2011 | 11:33 PM
drukanfu
Supporter

Great info, I'll have to check mine tommorrow.

Quick Reply: Saddlebag support brackets - BROKE-its, BREAK-its, but not BRACKets...