Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Preparing for Iron Butt Run...

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 12:26 PM
ZPA
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Preparing for Iron Butt Run...

ORIGINAL: hogdoc

ORIGINAL: mile high king

Get a Honda.
Great advice a$$ wipe!

I bought a tank bag before doing my SS1000! I kept a couple bottles of Gatorade, some power bars, beef jerky, pens, an envelope for recipts, my wallet, keys, .380, and maps on the toppanel. Locked the bags before leaving and would just grab the tank bag at gas stops.
Make sure to do some build up runs in the weeks before. 400, 500, 600 milers to get ready for 1000.
Also make sure to read the Iron Butt website on what you'll need. They suggest using a map program to make sure youve gone enough miles to qualify for the run your doing. Bike odometers can be up to 10% off (short) according to the website, so plan accordingly.
My 2 most important tips would be a good set of moulded earplugs and an MP3 player with alot of music. Repeating the same CD over and over will distract you!
Ride safe and make sure to get a good nights rest before!

Its a great feeling to open the envelope when you receive your stuff from the association!
........and here we are again. Can't you guys take a joke? I love my Harley, but some of you guys are some over the top that you don't even have a sense of humor.Relax, have some fun. I really think the guy was just making a joke. It is ok to joke about Harleys, you know.

Old 05-19-2008, 09:23 PM
Beertapper
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Preparing for Iron Butt Run...

Another important thingto do is,CLEAN YOUR COLON OUT. Eat lots of fiber the day before and maybe an ExLax or 2. Nothing worse than having to take a dump in the middle of a long ride.