Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got SCREWED, any ideas?***UPDATE***

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 11:02 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,244 Likes on 1,851 Posts
Default RE: Got SCREWED, any ideas?

ORIGINAL: bigskyhd
Got SCREWED, any ideas?
Ya can always go this ROUTE

Old 05-18-2008, 11:13 PM
bigblock455
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hate to rain on the Paypalparade here but Paypal is ebay and they are not above messing up that is why so many people hate them. The thing to do is use Paypal but don't use the bank account you secured it with use a credit card instead. Then when issues like this come up it is a lot easier to get money back from a credit card than from Paypal/eBay. I will not bore you with my story of Paypal problemsbut somewhere there's a guy with my $30 or so and the belt he was supposed to send me that needs his *** kicked. Sorry to hear the original posters problems as it brings back memories of my blood pressure going through the roof!.......Ward

Old 05-19-2008, 07:16 AM
captsam54
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mississippi Bagger

I have been selling on the internet full time for over 8 years now. I accept paypal or money orders. Some people do not have, or do not like, paypal. That leaves them the option of a money order. This does not make an internet seller "shady".

And, yes, the post office does lose mail now and then. Also, senders sometimes write the wrong address, or an illegible address on the envelope. It does not happen often, but periodically I have people saying they sent a money order that I never receive.

Just trace the money order and it if was not cashed, USPS will refund you. It is a hassle, but one of the possible prices for not using a CC or paypal.
What he said..!! I have been buying & selling on eBay since 1995. and that does happen from time to time. I am in a PayPal dispute now.. Usually the only thing you loose if the item is not as described.. is the return shipping. That is about the only problem you will have. between eBay and PayPal protection, you are covered very well. (eBay & PayPal are the same company) I have had my problems over the years with PayPal.. But I have their debit card I use all the time.. Don't link your bank acct directly to your PayPal acct , use a CC or debit card instead as back-up funding.. Also don't sign up for automatic billing deductions..

Old 05-19-2008, 07:49 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Requesting MO is not an indication of "shady". I don't like using Paypal either. Don't like someone else having access to my checking account. And it takes too long to get paid if you request a check from Paypal, and then if you only have a PO Box for mailing purposes, it really F's things up. I prefer MO's, and I'm not shady.

Old 05-19-2008, 11:57 AM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

***UPDATE*** After an email or two to the guy letting him know that I had the receipts, that it was a Federal OFFENSE because of USPS, and that I was processing a tracking mechanism to see if the MO had been cashed....well guess what, Suddenly the Post Office came through and delivered the letter. So I'll be getting my item in the mail, and as he put it "right away".... THANKS EVERYONE for the help, perhaps it was a legit sllllooooowwww mailing, but I'll always wonder. CCRyder

Old 05-19-2008, 12:20 PM
RoadKing_Al
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: CasperHD

ORIGINAL: quikbike

I also sell Harley parts on occasion. Money Orders or personal check(with clearance time allowed) Is the only way I take payment and I've never ripped anybody off. I don't like the idea of paypal having to be linked to my checking account.

Honest
Jeff (even if I do take money orders)
Why not open an account with another bank? Put $1 in a savings account, then put $25 in the new checking account (or whatever the minimums are) and you don't stand to lose much at all. Then you can link Paypal to that new account. Every time it gets too much money in there, just take some money out and put it in your real account.

Probably get more sales that way. I don't buy anything on Ebay unless I can use Paypal.
I do exactly the same thing. Paypal account only has $10-25 bucks in it and the linked checking account only has enough in it to keep it open.
Glad you didn't get ripped off....load off your mind.

Old 05-19-2008, 12:26 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

glad it all worked out, sucks getting ripped off

Old 05-19-2008, 01:04 PM
hoosierhog88
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe I missed it... how long did you wait from the time you sent payment before taking the action you mentioned above?

Old 05-19-2008, 02:00 PM
Johan96
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: bigskyhd

***UPDATE*** After an email or two to the guy letting him know that I had the receipts, that it was a Federal OFFENSE because of USPS, and that I was processing a tracking mechanism to see if the MO had been cashed....well guess what, Suddenly the Post Office came through and delivered the letter. So I'll be getting my item in the mail, and as he put it "right away".... THANKS EVERYONE for the help, perhaps it was a legit sllllooooowwww mailing, but I'll always wonder. CCRyder
Good it went ok for You!

Old 05-19-2008, 03:42 PM
07JakeelwoodHD
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Get yourself a Paypal Visa any ebay transactions I makeI use it then pay it off after the merch arrives Doesnt cost me anything and can dispute any transaction with(visa)

Quick Reply: Got SCREWED, any ideas?***UPDATE***