Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got SCREWED, any ideas?***UPDATE***

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 10:21 PM
mllkn6
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Got SCREWED, any ideas?

Give the sellers ebay name so no others get scamed by him.

Old 05-18-2008, 12:14 AM
Mississippi Bagger
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been selling on the internet full time for over 8 years now. I accept paypal or money orders. Some people do not have, or do not like, paypal. That leaves them the option of a money order. This does not make an internet seller "shady".

And, yes, the post office does lose mail now and then. Also, senders sometimes write the wrong address, or an illegible address on the envelope. It does not happen often, but periodically I have people saying they sent a money order that I never receive.

Just trace the money order and it if was not cashed, USPS will refund you. It is a hassle, but one of the possible prices for not using a CC or paypal.

Old 05-18-2008, 04:55 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Whatever happens with your money,at least notify Ebay about this person.You just might luck out!

Old 05-18-2008, 10:40 AM
quikbike
Cruiser

I also sell Harley parts on occasion. Money Orders or personal check(with clearance time allowed) Is the only way I take payment and I've never ripped anybody off. I don't like the idea of paypal having to be linked to my checking account.

Honest
Jeff (even if I do take money orders)

Old 05-18-2008, 10:48 AM
StankyWanky
Banned

eitherway, i use USPS money orders for one reason, if the person scams me and it is proven, then it is a FEDERAL offense. Your azz gets stretched beyond recognition in the penn for such foolery. Capise?

Old 05-18-2008, 05:11 PM
CasperHD
Advanced

ORIGINAL: quikbike

I also sell Harley parts on occasion. Money Orders or personal check(with clearance time allowed) Is the only way I take payment and I've never ripped anybody off. I don't like the idea of paypal having to be linked to my checking account.

Honest
Jeff (even if I do take money orders)
Why not open an account with another bank? Put $1 in a savings account, then put $25 in the new checking account (or whatever the minimums are) and you don't stand to lose much at all. Then you can link Paypal to that new account. Every time it gets too much money in there, just take some money out and put it in your real account.

Probably get more sales that way. I don't buy anything on Ebay unless I can use Paypal.

Old 05-18-2008, 05:52 PM
Hugh Jass
Tourer

+1 I use Paypal and never had any problems.

Old 05-18-2008, 10:13 PM
Terminator69
Road Master

I got scammed a couple of years back by a guy from washington to the tune of $800, I sent two usps money orders with signature required with Id I was told. The mail carrier gave the money orders to a totaly different guythat hadsigned for them with no Id required, Spent 6 months arguing with the post office and got no where, I called the police department in DC to file a complaint, I knew I wasn't going to get my money back but I thought atleast I could possible get him in trouble if he was ever to get picked up as i was told any thing over $500 was a felony. The police officerI talked to said "Sir we have people scamming people out of hundreds of thousands of dollars everyday we don't have time to mess with this"!!! I said" So sorry to have bothered you!! My loss, OUCH!!!! I hope you have better luck than I, Just my .02, T

Old 05-18-2008, 10:15 PM
DiegoKing
Tourer

That's the reason I ONLY use Paypal

Old 05-18-2008, 10:54 PM
Q Hog
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pay Pal is the best for transaction like that... They will attempt to get your money back if problems were to occur with the product/ seller.

Quick Reply: Got SCREWED, any ideas?***UPDATE***