Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lyndall Z pads good/bad brakes

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 09:18 PM
Scootr
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lyndall Z pads good/bad brakes

I have polished rotors on mine and I am very happy with the Lyndalls so far. I just replaced the fronts 2 weeks ago and have about 1100 miles on them. They feel great. I would call them and ask them what they think. I'm sure they have seen it all and should have some good advice.

Old 05-21-2008, 09:20 PM
Scootr
Road Master

Sorry for the double post but also the instructions just said to avoid emergency stops for the first 100 miles if possible to allow the pads to seat or wear in properly.

Old 05-21-2008, 10:44 PM
rgardjr
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is always a good link to post in a thread about Lyndall brake pads:

http://www.lyndallracingbrakes.com/service_tech.htm

I have Lyndall Z Pads on the front and rear and love their braking performance and cleanliness compared to the stock pads. I did change out my rotors when I swapped out pad to the Lyndalls though.

Old 05-22-2008, 12:27 AM
davewear
Road Warrior
Received 197 Likes on 135 Posts

i have run lyndalls for a while now. i have gone back to stock pads on the rear because i found the lyndalls made it too easy to lock the rear. on the fronts the stopping is much better than stock. cleaning the pistons in the caliper is a good idea evey time you change pads. although lyndall says the z pads need no break in i have always done a few hard stops, from 30 to 5 mph working up to 60 to 5 mph when my pads are new with good results. i will always have lyndall pads on my front brakes.

Old 05-22-2008, 01:31 PM
dgriffith
Road Warrior

Update/ I sent an Email to LYndall's on Sunday night and recieved a message back Monday AM. I called Paul and we talked through the problem and determined the pads needed to be replaced. He said to call back tomorrow, Tuesday, that Arianna was out for the day. He said she would need my name and address to ship another set out that day. Great!! so I thought. Today I get a call from a lady demanding my credit card number for warrenty. No introduction, no first name, just someone demanding My creditcard number for my warrenty. Finally I made her mad enough that she had me speek to her supervisor. Arianna!!! CEO. She wanted my creditcard number!!! I asked who is this company or person who keeps demanding my card number?? Finally she told me... It gets worst... She charged me $102. something for 2 sets of pads that will be refundable when the old ones are returned.[:@][:@][:@] I never paid that much for 3 sets with shipping. I finally understood her return policy and agreed to do so. Then the more I thought about the whole thing... I called back 10 minutes later and she had the ***** to hang up on me when I canceled the warrenty claim. Paul was a plesant and informative person to talk to but...CEO, Must have been the wrong day of this month!!!! So anyone have a suggestion for a different set of brakepads?? Money is not the object here. I want GOOD customer service and a good product. Dan

Old 05-22-2008, 01:47 PM
Windup08
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Get in touch with FASTHARLEY (do a member lookup and you can get his phone number). I know he was testing a diffeent brand of pads, but wasn't ready to recommend them yet when I talked to him 5 or 6 weeks ago....he was going to stop selling Lyndall's and switch to a different brand. Don't think you will find better customer service than he will give you.

Old 05-22-2008, 01:48 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

maybe you have them on backwards