Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Smart Siren II

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 06:22 PM
W2KOP
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smart Siren II

Hey everyone, another post. I just ordered a HD Smart Siren II and Smart Siren II remote reciever. Has anyone installed one of these units. It's going in my 98 RK. Do I also need to purchase the Security System Key Fob seperately? No one at my local dealer seems to know if the key fob comes with the smart siren in the package. Can anyone give me any info. and advice? Thanks, Kenny

Old 02-24-2006, 06:30 PM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Smart Siren II

Fobs do not come with siren or pager. They come with the factory alarm system.

Old 02-24-2006, 07:57 PM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: W2KOP

Hey everyone, another post. I just ordered a HD Smart Siren II and Smart Siren II remote reciever. Has anyone installed one of these units. It's going in my 98 RK. Do I also need to purchase the Security System Key Fob seperately? No one at my local dealer seems to know if the key fob comes with the smart siren in the package. Can anyone give me any info. and advice? Thanks, Kenny
Is the TSSM (Turn Signal Security Module) already installed? If so you should have at least one if not two fobs. I have seen the ones from the factory come with 2 fobs.

If the TSSM is not installed then the siren and pager won't do you a whole lot of good. [:@]

There was one fob in the box with my TSSM.

Old 02-24-2006, 08:20 PM
W2KOP
Cruiser

I was not told that I needed a turn signal security module by the guys in the parts dept. at my local HD dealer. The unit I ordered is supposed to be self contained, siren, transmitter and battery backup in one unit. It is HD part #68317-06 which fits 97-01 Touring models. I also purchased the HD Security System Pager Reciever II which goes with the Smart Siren II. The HD part number for the Pager Reciever is 91660-06. I was really curious if the unit came with the key fob, which I have been told that it does not.

Old 02-24-2006, 08:41 PM
Camera108
Intermediate

I put the Smart Siren II on my street Glide and purchased the pager. Both work OK. But your bike must have the factory "security system" from the factory. Or you have to order this also from the catalog and install at same time. The Smart Siren plugs into the factory security system.

The fobs come with the security system. I bought an extra off Ebay when I broke one. Easy to configure for the security system.

Old 02-24-2006, 09:01 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Dude, You have just put the cart before the horse. You need a security system first in order for that smart siren to work. Ka-ching, ka-ching, ka-ching.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4575/135D103370B7490EAAFDC9060F75F175.gif[/IMG]

Old 02-25-2006, 11:27 AM
W2KOP
Cruiser

SOOS, Thanks, well you know more than the parts guys here at my local HD dealer. No problem, I will have to spend the extra money on the alarm, and the installation kit. Do you know how hard it is to "install the installation kit" I can turn a wrench and do quite a bit of my own work, or is this something that should be left to the HD dealer? Thanks, Ken

Old 02-25-2006, 11:36 AM
soos
Grand HDF Member

Sorry Ken, Can't help you there. My EG Classic came with the security system installed, but I would venture a guess that it would be a plug-in installation. Then again, with HD, who knows. Good luck.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4575/76DD9EC898734A0DB6D9C7B95185220D.gif[/IMG]

Old 02-25-2006, 11:52 AM
soos
Grand HDF Member

I Just went out and pulled the seat off my ride and the security module looks to be just a plug-in unit right behind the battery on the right side. On mine, there is a knockout opening for the module to sit in and then it is held in place with a clip.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4575/6B42B0A85DCA41D9AEAEEE076B930D88.gif[/IMG]

Old 02-25-2006, 12:07 PM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Remove the right panel of your bike. They just pop right off and are held in place by 3 tabs securing 3 corners of the panel. There are rubber fittings attached to the tabs so that they fit securly to the bike. Once removed you will notice the ECM for your bike. The siren will be located behind that ECM. This of course directly plugs in to the Alarm which you do not yet have installed. I haven't checked my service manual for Alarm Installation to see where it is mounted, but I would say the location next to the battery makes sense because that places it in the vicinity of where the siren is to be installed (behind the right panel) as noted above.

Quick Reply: Smart Siren II