Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forgot to put down my Jiffy stand

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 11:12 PM
uweldit
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Forgot to put down my Jiffy stand

It happens, and has happened to many of us.

Glad you are ok, bike can be fixed.

Old 05-16-2008, 11:16 PM
08HD
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you can't admit to your own mistakes, others will. My purpose for posting this was to allow a few laughs on me. My bike was fine during this whole process, I just layed her down gently. It was one of those brain hiccup moments where you think you did something but find out later that you didn't. It happens to us all in one way or another.

Old 05-17-2008, 01:17 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

It has happened to me. I was cleaning the bike. I was trying to get all of the front wheel (before I had a jack). I rolled the bike forward, and went to set it back on the stand, which was not there. I caught most of it, and was able to gently lay it down on the engine guard. I was so pissed, I just grabbed the bike, and muscled it up. No technique, just adrenaline, LOL. I got a nasty bruise on my left shoulder from where I was sandwiched between the bike and the wall. But, not a scratch on the bike... Now, I am paranoid about making sure that damn stand is down, LMAO (now)...

Old 05-17-2008, 06:57 AM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Badfinger

Last year my bosses wife decided to ride and got a Lowrider. They were out one Sunday morning riding and went to a restaurant for lunch. She pulled in first and he noticed she had pulled up on the side of an incline and before he could get her attention she tried to put her left foot down and she and the bike went over. He races to her side jumps off his Roadking ....forgetting to put his stand down and dumps his bike next to her. There was very little damage and only their pridewas hurt but he said thethe people standing at the windows in the restaurant looking at them was priceless.

There are two kinds of owners the ones who have dropped their bike and the ones that are going to drop their bike.

Ride well,

Jim
Now *that's* funny! Kind of a "family that rides together".......kind of thing.........

& for you guys that say "I won't do that again", you just haven't ridden long enough...yet.

Old 05-17-2008, 07:30 AM
ButchWI
Intermediate
Location: Land of Perma Frost- Wisconsin USA - and yes the MOCO is just up the road
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

An old biker told me a looooong time ago,

"Kid there are only two kinds of riders....
Those that have gone down and those that will. "

I dropped my ultra in front of bar full of bikers. They all laughed until I picked it up by myself. I still chuckle over that one (used the a$$ in the seat method).

We ALL have (or will) drop it, whether we admit it or not. Be glad it was slo-mo drop and the only thing injured is your ego.