Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking into a street glide ? abt abs.

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 01:40 PM
rick
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default looking into a street glide ? abt abs.

I may be trading in my fatboy for an 08 street glide.My question is inregards to the ABS braking system.Is it worth the extra 795. for it.I mean what would the actual diffrences be for the abs instead of the regular system is it big?.My dealer has one that i like but it doesnt have the abs.thanks

Old 05-16-2008, 01:49 PM
Amodump001
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: looking into a street glide ? abt abs.

Looks like the difference is $790.00 if that’s what you were asking.

Old 05-16-2008, 01:52 PM
wild hog
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I was in the same boat. Decided to spend that $795 on stage 1 stuff. My 08 SG rides fine without ABS. Then again sombody that has it may tell you differant. Either way you are getting a great bike! [8D]

Old 05-16-2008, 01:54 PM
drrandall1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Rick! Looks like you decided to make the switch too! I didn't go with ABS. Probably a good thing to have but I am doing other things for now. The cruise control is great! Now that I am done with my exhaust and paint I am goint to do the stretched bags, handlebars then maybe ABS next year.

Old 05-16-2008, 01:56 PM
wbogley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

It is very worth the $795 and it can not be added later.The ABSbikescome with a DVD thatshows road tests of abs vs standard bikes. The ABS really outproforms the non abs and stopped shorter in all test. Theydid test on gravel and a ice like serface and thenon abs bike isall over the place.From what I hear08 bikes with abs are in short supply now. You may want to wait for a 2009, they may make the ABS standard. With that said, it is a nice to have not a must have.

Old 05-16-2008, 02:01 PM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: wbogley
It is very worth the $795 and it can not be added later.The ABSbikescome with a DVD thatshows road tests of abs vs standard bikes. The ABS really outproforms the non abs and stopped shorter in all test. Theydid test on gravel and a ice like serface and thenon abs bike isall over the place.From what I hear08 bikes with abs are in short supply now. You may want to wait for a 2009, they may make the ABS standard. With that said, it is a nice to have not a must have.
They were in such short supply when I bought mine I had to do without.
Maybe the next bike.

Old 05-16-2008, 02:01 PM
capt_caveman
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't have ABS but I'd get it if I was buying a new bike. I look at it as one of those things that is worth 10x the price When You Need It. Something else to consider. A few months down the road, you can save an extra $800 and still get the Stage 1 stuff. You can't go back an pickup ABS as an add-on.

My fodder for thought.

Old 05-16-2008, 02:02 PM
Boxer 6
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: wbogley

I sprang for the ABS on my SG that is coming in next week. It's a ~$20,000.00 bike, what's another $795.00.

Old 05-16-2008, 02:09 PM
dcc46
Tourer

if you never had it you won't miss it. I got it because I didn't want to wait for one without it to come in.

Old 05-16-2008, 02:12 PM
drfeelgood
Outstanding HDF Member

I went with it as well, in my opinion it's more than worth the additional $795.00.

Quick Reply: looking into a street glide ? abt abs.