Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nolan Helmets- Blue tooth

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 11:38 PM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Nolan Helmets- Blue tooth

ORIGINAL: 1hagop

I just bought 2 "blueant interphone" bluetooth cell phone/intercom set for my wife and I. Works GREAT, on my V-rod with LOUD EXHAUST (CFR) at 80mph the person on the line cannot hear anything but my voice, and comments have been clearer than using phone normally. It not only syncs with your phone but also with another blueant, that way on trips with the roadglide my wife and I can talk. I found the best price on ebay, shipping was a little slow took about 2.5 weeks but highly recommened if you do not want the "wired helmet to bike syndrome"
+1 - Blueant Head sets are GREAT... And using as a intercom to you passanger & any other M\C in the group does come in handy...

Old 05-19-2008, 03:18 AM
porterjet
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I needed a new helmet, ran into one that actually fit pretty well when I was on a trip to Paris a few weeks ago. Got a Nolan NCom 3/4 helmet. I didn't want to spend what they wanted for the Nolan bluetooth setup but I did fork out for a Scala Rider they had. I'm on call 24/7 for work and though this would be a good way to solve that problem. Paired it up with my N-95 and mounted the Rider right there in the shop. The kid did all that in about 3 minutes, saving me 20 minutes of reading directions, cursing and sweating back in the hotel. It works great, except the voice recognition doesn't do very well with my voice! It calls everybody except the one I want it to. Oh well, I don't really want to call anybody when I'm riding anyway.

Old 05-19-2008, 07:02 AM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

We don't have Nolan, but we do have a Scala Rider Team set. I first linked it to my Zumo for GPS directions. I didn't think it would work very well, or be wise or usefull, with my phone. A few months later I had some idle time & decided to try the phone just for fun. Works great!

Like a lot of others here I don't enjoy interruptions while riding (I removed the radio from my R.G.) & don't need a bunch of phone calls, but the Zumo/Scala setup simply notifies me of incoming calls. I can accept or reject as I like (guess what happens most often). It does allow me to make quick calls from the side of the road without takin' my helmet off & diggin' my phone out, & the calls are surprisingly clear. If I recognize the caller & think it's important enough to respond to I can pull off & return their call quickly. If it's not important I can handle it when I want, but I know who called. In other words, it's a tool. One that I control, not one that controls me.

Old 05-19-2008, 07:55 AM
Rabid
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That would have come in handy last year. On a trip, 600 miles from home, checked the phone, wife had been calling all day, her father had past away. Too late at night to start back and 2 days to home. If the bike had bluetooth, it would have saved a rushed trip home and a speeding ticket. I would have been only a day away if the phone hadn't been in the tour pack, and had a interface. I've looked into the HD interface, but $500 ?? please....

Old 05-19-2008, 07:59 AM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Got the Zumo and Nolan N102 helment. waitin on puttin the blue tooth and stuff in it. Gotta find some money.