Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour pack docking kit info needed

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 05:02 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 267 Likes on 226 Posts
Default Tour pack docking kit info needed

I kinda like the look of the Ultras with the tour pack trunk removed. I know that there's a docking kit to make this easier. What happenswith the antennas when you have the pack removed? Also, is there a quick disconnect for the other wires going to the lights etc? One sales guytold methat you have to have the service dept make an additionalconnector to easily disconnect the wires.

Thanks in advance,

John

Old 05-14-2008, 06:31 AM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Tour pack docking kit info needed

There are 2 options for this. If you want to relocate your radio antenna you can use kit # 53303-07 which comes with detachable tour pack rack, docking kit, antenna relocation kit, chrome license plate holder & reflector.
If you want to buy a hidden radio antenna in the fairing then you can get part #'s 53276-04 Detachable 2 up rack & 53804-06 docking kit.
Everything is pretty much qwik disconnect as it is. You will unscrew your cb & radio wires and roll them up and tuck them under your seat unless you choose the first option I listed and then you wil just run the radio antenna to the antenna relocation hardware. You will lose your cb capabilities. Then you disconnect the plug for the tour pack lights and roll it up and tuck it under the seat also. As for the 2 rear speakers if you pull on the wires a qwik disconnect will pop out of each speaker pod. Disconnect them and put them under the seat also. You can leave the connectors hanging out of the speaker pods. It sounds like alot of wires to store under the seat but you can roll them up and velcro or zip tie them and they fit OK. I have done this to my Ultra and love the solo riding. You'll need to invest in a solo seat to really make it look right IMO.

Old 05-14-2008, 07:43 AM
gambler
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Peppa1

There are 2 options for this. If you want to relocate your radio antenna you can use kit # 53303-07 which comes with detachable tour pack rack, docking kit, antenna relocation kit, chrome license plate holder & reflector.
If you want to buy a hidden radio antenna in the fairing then you can get part #'s 53276-04 Detachable 2 up rack & 53804-06 docking kit.
Everything is pretty much qwik disconnect as it is. You will unscrew your cb & radio wires and roll them up and tuck them under your seat unless you choose the first option I listed and then you wil just run the radio antenna to the antenna relocation hardware. You will lose your cb capabilities. Then you disconnect the plug for the tour pack lights and roll it up and tuck it under the seat also. As for the 2 rear speakers if you pull on the wires a qwik disconnect will pop out of each speaker pod. Disconnect them and put them under the seat also. You can leave the connectors hanging out of the speaker pods. It sounds like alot of wires to store under the seat but you can roll them up and velcro or zip tie them and they fit OK. I have done this to my Ultra and love the solo riding. You'll need to invest in a solo seat to really make it look right IMO.
Ditto what he said.

Old 05-14-2008, 09:42 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 267 Likes on 226 Posts

Hey, thanks guys! Perfect info. I agree, the solo seat is a must!

Thanks again and ride safe,

John