Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electra vs Road

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 03:05 PM
2011 Road Glide Ultra
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Electra vs Road

One more thing - with the same mods (TDs, SE A/C, DFO, even done by the same mechanic) my Road Glide is 12-15 mph faster on the top end than his Ultra - and thst's with the tallest windshield HD sells on my RG!

Old 05-15-2008, 03:34 PM
88b
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Street Glide looks good but has limited travel suspension, the Electra Glide Std. is the bargain bike, I loved mine but I've got a Road Glide now

Old 05-15-2008, 03:41 PM
dowork08
Tourer

I was at a toss up over SG/RG. I uiltimatly chose the SG but it was a long hard process to decide. The streetglide has lowered rear shocks and the RG has standard size. Im short so the lower the better, but man did that RG handle, i did not know i was on a big bike when i road that thing. The SG seams a bit more lumbery but that is to be expected due to the fork mounted batwing. The big thin that got me was i felt that the radio was way to far away from me and her to reach for it to do anyhting, it just looked like it was an after thought. I would own a RG in a minute though i love them just as much as my SG. So either way SG/RG you can not go wrong

Old 05-15-2008, 05:19 PM
keoki23
Cruiser

in conclusion, EG classic is the best for the money? have a safe ride..

Old 05-15-2008, 07:29 PM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 503 Likes on 261 Posts

you're the one writing the check.... you're the only one who can make the choice.....
Like the man said... rent each for a week end... take the lady for a spin.... if it's 2 up riding for you.... then get her imput....
You won't go far wrong with either..... but you might make mama happy.... and when mama's happy... EVERYONE's happy

Old 05-15-2008, 07:49 PM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 117 Likes on 70 Posts

No wrong answers, no matter what you decide.

Old 05-15-2008, 07:50 PM
waterboyjack
Intermediate

I have had my RG for 6 months and beyond pleased with everything except the features per dollar compared to an Ultra/Classic. I test dove them both, TWICE, before laying out my cash. For me, the handling of the Road Glide was that much better. for other people I'm sure just the opposite. But whenI felt secure enough to remove both hands from the bars on a "Test drive" doing 60mph on the RG, well my mind was made up.

Old 05-15-2008, 07:57 PM
2011 Road Glide Ultra
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: dowork08

I was at a toss up over SG/RG. I uiltimatly chose the SG but it was a long hard process to decide. The streetglide has lowered rear shocks and the RG has standard size. Im short so the lower the better, but man did that RG handle, i did not know i was on a big bike when i road that thing. The SG seams a bit more lumbery but that is to be expected due to the fork mounted batwing. The big thin that got me was i felt that the radio was way to far away from me and her to reach for it to do anyhting, it just looked like it was an after thought. I would own a RG in a minute though i love them just as much as my SG. So either way SG/RG you can not go wrong
On my '07 RG, the radio controls are on the switch housings - if you can reach the grips, you can operate everything except changing discs in the CD......

Old 05-15-2008, 09:30 PM
aclass
Road Captain

Dude, the RG is super ugly, I'd go for the bat wing.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:45 PM
ButtMan1000
Outstanding HDF Member

The SG, with it's lowered suspension will never be as comfortable as the rest of the touring lineup,

Two up riding is not the SG's forte, comments from SG owners are what my opinion is based on,

The seats on the SG and RG are not touring seats, just look at the rest of the saddles on the other touring bikes,

I was perplexed between the Ultra or the Road Glide, back and forth in my mind as to which one to get,

The comfort and handling of the RG finally sold me,

Quick Reply: Electra vs Road