Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electra vs Road

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 07:48 PM
Trbolvr
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Electra vs Road

The Electra looks better!!!

Old 05-13-2008, 07:53 PM
Ultra007
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It all depends on what you want to end up with. Solo riding bike, short hoppin' 2 up with the wife or long haulin' with your sweetie??
If you think you will do a lot of long trips with your wife, either the Classic or Ultra. Otherwise you'll have to buy the tour pack and passenger backrest, etc.
Short trippin' 2 up with some alone time too, SG, RG or standard.
Solo riding most of the time, any of the above and strip 'em down.
I think the best HD value is STILL the ElectraGlide Standard. As long as that silver motor isn't an issue.
WAY TOO MANY Street Glides out there if you ask me. Done to death. Nice bike though.
The Road Glide, well what can ya say, you either love 'em or hate 'em. Sweet ride but I just can't get intot hat fairing. Have ridden all the above bikes and owned a few of them. The difference between the batwing and the shark nose fairings I think is minimal at best. I actually like the way the batwing handles better myself.

U

Old 05-13-2008, 08:10 PM
Aslan
Road Master

You can't go wrong with any of the Bat Wings.
If you want something a little different try a Road Glide.
I love mine but they are not for everyone.

Old 05-13-2008, 08:32 PM
Lincolnhog
Tourer

If you are planning on REALLY putting on the miles, the better choice is RG.
There are 3 in my family,,, 2, 04's and an 08.
Ride both the way you are going to ride on a regular basis.
Rent them both for a day.
Buy the bike that works best and make it your own. in the long run it is cheaper....
Just my .02
Linc

[IMG]local://upfiles/61405/AA4932E7322B451AA576158E3F084607.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-15-2008, 11:32 AM
khenders
Advanced

I had the same feeling about the Standard vs the Street. Ihave to look atthe fact thatI live in theMidwest andride only a couple times a week (some say that will change onthe new bike). I really like the fact that the Street was a tad lower, that'swas so good.Irode the Street first, a Dyna-Low next and theStandardlast. No a lot of people at the Demo so they let you rideall afternoon on them. Not planned -but not so bad either.

Old 05-15-2008, 11:37 AM
khenders
Advanced

TwinCam96 - What kind of Radio did you get and did youinstall?

Old 05-15-2008, 11:51 AM
Road Head
Road Master

The main difference is the "Batwing Fairing" is way sexier! [8D]

No seriously, both good. I've been told by a guy who has literally owned every form of tour bike that the RG is the best riding/handling tour bike. I personally don't care for the look of the RG fairing.

Old 05-15-2008, 11:56 AM
jakedog
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Road Head

The main difference is the "Batwing Fairing" is way sexier! [8D]

No seriously, both good. I've been told by a guy who has literally owned every form of tour bike that the RG is the best riding/handling tour bike. I personally don't care for the look of the RG fairing.
+1

Old 05-15-2008, 01:00 PM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member

Actually I think the best bang for the buck is the ElectraGlide Classic. But it really depends on how many features you will use or like and what kind of riding you do.

Old 05-15-2008, 02:29 PM
2011 Road Glide Ultra
Road Warrior

Everyone has their own opinions, so here's mine:

Street Glide - excellent if you are short. Looks great, may be the ultimate bar-hopper. Too short for me.

Ultra - Great two-up long distance bike. Batwing fairing transmits turbulence to the rider's shoulders.Neighbor and riding buddy has one.

Road Glide - Best-kept secret in the touring line. Spacious for rider, as the frame-mounted fairing sits farther forward. Least attractive of the line to me visually (doesn't scream HARLEY) but by far the most comfortable fit for me - I'm 6'4" and 285. It fits me like it was made for me. The fairing absorbs turbulence, so wind and freeway semis don't bother me. The steering is lighter than the batwings. I went in to buy a Street Glide, went home with a Road Glide. I've added a king tourpack (detachable), a Corbin Dual Tour seat, long-stem mirrors, a Street Glide ground effects kit (that fancy rear fender treatment), Hog Tunes speakers, hiway pegs, larger grips, internal antenna, alarm and garage door opener. I've ridden it over 11k miles (it's an '07) and know I made the right choice FOR ME.

You have to find what fits YOU. The highest quality, best-looking suit in the world isn't worth much if it doesn't fit. Same for Harleys - that's why they make so many models. Ride everything you can get your hands on, and try to ride like you expect to when you own it. At least SIT on every model - some will eliminate themselves right there. My dealer has a Street Glide set up and gassed for me to demo. As soon as my butt was in the saddle, I knew it wasn't going to fit. I asked him about the Road Glide, and he had two in back. A soon as I sat on one, I knew. The two in back were not prepped, but I still knew. Asked him how long it would take to get a Cobalt Blue - he checked and it was shipping later that week. We worked a deal and I traded in a '06 Road King on it. Best trade I've made!

Quick Reply: Electra vs Road