Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ALL SG'S LOOK the same

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006 | 07:01 AM
DI75
|
Ultimate HDF Member
Default ALL SG'S LOOK the same

Dont get me wrong, I love my Street Glide. Ive put thousands of dollars into chrome goodies but unlike my other Harleys it still looks like every other street glide. I think it's because except for the cobalt blue model they are all dark colors and Harley ,by design already stripped them down and custoized them to a certain extent. So far the only one I have seen on this site or on the road that looks any different is bounty hunters!! Any of you guys who have customized thier previous Harleys feel like this ???[&o]

Old 02-23-2006 | 08:25 AM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior
Default RE: ALL SG'S LOOK the same

I know what you mean. That was also one of the reasons why I had the driving lights put on, and also another reason why I will be putting both docking stations on and the sissy bar too. I am thinking of doing some sort of pin stripping too, but have not come up with anything yet. I agree BountyHunters does look good too.

Bob

Old 02-23-2006 | 08:55 AM
DI75
|
Ultimate HDF Member

Your right Renegade. I am thinking about pinstripping some flames around the logo on the tank. Anything to seperate mine!!! LOL

Old 02-23-2006 | 10:12 AM
bountyhunter
Banned

Get to work you guy's. Would love to see some variations on the Street Glide theme. Just takes a little imagination and some $$$$. I'm not done yet!

Old 02-23-2006 | 11:02 AM
DI75
|
Ultimate HDF Member

oh Im working. Will post some pictures after bike week!!!

Old 02-23-2006 | 11:26 AM
lil_gmac2
Outstanding HDF Member

Will guys on Monday I will post some pic's of my bike it's not completely done. I truly believe my bike will look a little different from the other SG not by much. I think the reason is MOCO don't provide any combo color scheme for this new model. They didn't think it will grow on people so fast.

Old 02-23-2006 | 11:34 AM
2006King
Intermediate

I think you can safely say that about any production MC yes/no? Changing, adding, chopping, painting, chroming all in the name of customizing to make it look unique and stand out from the crowd.

On my 03 RK bike was two-tone red/black I added some black lower fairing, put on a solo seat and fender bib, found some special obscure chrome doo-dads that I had never seen before put them on and the bike changed just enough to make it stand out in a crowd, was always a head turner.

Now, I'm not sure if it was the bike or the good looking rider - LOL

Old 02-23-2006 | 11:45 AM
hdman
Road Captain

I don't have a street Glide, however I really like the LOOK. I think the Attraction and popularity of this model is based on the "LESS is MORE" look. Now, this puts the buyer in a little different situation. If this was one of the Main reasons you bought the bike, then you have to be VERY careful with your Mods or you will destroy the REASON you got the bike in the first place. Bounty Hunter has done a excellent job in keeping the Less is More concept and made a very unique personal bike. One wrong move in the add ons to this bike, and it could destroy the overall look of the bike IMO. Of course all of this boils down to your personal likes and that's what you need to go on. This is just some thoughts from an old Gezzer who really likes the LESS is MORE philosophy. Works with Bikes... Just wish it Worked for Old Geezers!!!.......hdman

Old 02-23-2006 | 01:11 PM
2006King
Intermediate

Great post - you nailed it, couldn't agree with you more. Unfortunatly, it leaves the owners of SG's in a rather tough spot sometimes referred to - "caught between a rock and a hard place" .

I personally love the look of that model and when it was time to buy a new bike I had a difficult decision deciding between another King and an SG. I ended up with the King because of the versatality and ease of taking off the windshield and bags to strip it down. I bought black and am planning to completely black out the whole bike, front end headlight etc, etc. I'm looking for a more "mean, evil type bruiser, not cruiser look if you get my drift.

Old 02-23-2006 | 02:43 PM
MiniMe
Road Master

Of course all SG's look the same it's a mass produced bike. So does the Fatboy, Lowrider, and all the other models that are mass produced. I bought the SG because there were few things that I would do to it. The only way someones bike will look completely different is if they build a custom bike, thats why there are all those custom builders, just get that wallet ready. It will also cost you a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. I bought this bike to ride it. I will do some things to personalize the bike for me but all in all it is a SG and will more than likely continue to look like the rest of them. It also looks like all the EG. All the SG is is a stripped down EG that has been lowered. Same frame, fairing, motor, ect....All MOCO did was do what was already being done so they could bank on it. One of the owners of our local HD dealer customized his EG, guess what it looks like, a SG except for the rear fender led's. Now you can buy the bike like that. So if you really want to be that different then all you have to do is get out your wallet and give up your bike for a while. Of course this is just my opinion, nothing more. Ride safe everyone.

Quick Reply: ALL SG'S LOOK the same