Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RK or EGC

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 06:11 AM
winston chopper
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RK or EGC

Eg has it all, not some. If you want to stripsomething down, buy some Legos

Old 05-13-2008, 07:24 AM
Q Hog
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

EG, you'll be happier in the long run..

Old 05-13-2008, 07:36 AM
jcbpa
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought the King and now I'm thinking about a removable fairing for cooler weather. I road up till January in the NE and it was a bit cool at times. I like the idea of options and changing the configuration of the bike.

Old 05-13-2008, 09:57 PM
Hatman
Advanced

E.G. if you will do alot of 2 up riding.

Old 05-13-2008, 10:41 PM
Buzzsaw
Road Captain

Having owned both, I would say it really depends on what you are planning to do. If you want to strip it down for a lot of around town riding, and occasionaly put on a windshield / fairing / tourpak then get the RK. If you are going to do a lot of touring get the EGC. I went with the EGC this time since I got married and the wife likes the seat and bag space for shopping. I was't sure how I was going to like the Bat Fairing and Stereo, but I will never go back. Mind you, I would still like a stripped down solo RK or Fatboy for a second bike and just around town.

Scott
2007 EGC
IDS

Old 05-13-2008, 11:10 PM
Bluesssman
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never thought I would like my faring and radio as much as I do. The Road Glide fit my needs and bike looks for me! So Go the the EG

Old 05-14-2008, 09:11 AM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I heard EG has different triple trees, I had a rk and it seems the eg handles better.

Old 05-18-2008, 01:31 AM
scarygt
Road Master

ORIGINAL: leohd

I heard EG has different triple trees, I had a rk and it seems the eg handles better.
Wow that is the first time I've ever seen someone say that the EG handles better than the King! I added a deadcenter cycle fairing to my rkc and love it, but it actually changed the handling of my king and probably not for the better. And anyone that thinks the fairing is more protection for colder riding is smoking crack.. the fairing just keeps your hands out of the wind and that is about it. I really couldn't see a big difference between the stock king windshield to my fairing with 9" shield. Now after saying that.. I really love having the radio and how great the batwing looks on my king. I do like the fact that my bike is a convertable and I can make it into 1 of any3 bikes at the blink of an eye, but I really like the batwing so it will probably stay on most of the time. Whatever you choose you'll probably be happy!

Good luck!

Old 05-18-2008, 01:57 AM
Doc Intrepid
Road Master
Location: In the Pacific Northwest, a few hours east of Seattle.
Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

ORIGINAL: gunner11

Ok guys, it's my first post and I have a 2008 RK standard waiting for me Saturday, black, python slipons, cruise and reach seat. But, I keeping flipin over windshield or fairing. How about confusing me some more???
I agree with Buzzsaw, its all personal preference and it depends on what you think you'll be doing with the bike most of the time.

I do a lot of commuting and around town cruising. Maybe once every other month I may go on a weekend trip, but nothing more than around 4 hours in any direction because my rider's back won't take much touring. I'm happy with my '04 RKC because for around town stuff I can pull off the windshield and have a fairly stripped down profile. For the weekend trips I can throw on the windshield, the luggage rack, and some soft-side rolls and handle a weekend with little trouble. I just don't do that much really long-range riding, even though I'd like to. My schedule won't allow it with all the other crap I have going on right now.

OTOH, if I were doing serious long-range touring on a frequent basis then I'd prefer the fairing and radio and the box on the back.

It depends on what you want the bike for, and what sort of riding you think you're going to be happiest doing.

(Hint... if you want to climb on the bike and crank up the tunes, then you may want to avoid getting those high-speed low-drag teflon-coated dragon-breathing NASCAR-certified window-shattering slipons...

They can mess up your mellow if you're not constantly playing thrash death-metal...) Saw a dude who put really loud pipes on his bike...so loud he couldn't hear the tunes. Instead of getting slightly more laid-back pipes he instead got a much louder set of speakers. It was like riding along next to an ongoing nuclear explosion...

Old 05-18-2008, 02:04 AM
drrandall1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sg

Quick Reply: RK or EGC