Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First impressions with Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 01:20 PM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 25 Posts
Default RE: First impressions with Street Glide

Think I screwed up my last post with the "qoutes" hope you all can understand the sequence!

Sorry,
Frank

Old 02-23-2006, 01:34 PM
CHEYENNE
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The easiest way I have heard of fixing the front brake problem is to go with floating rotors. We used to have a sponsor that sold them but guessing they backed out now. I don't see their name listed???

Old 02-23-2006, 09:02 PM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cheyenne

You come up with some really different items!!! I will just use my GPS to figure out if it is off or not and go from there.

Bob

ORIGINAL: CHEYENNE

Here is a link to the Yellow Box

http://www.blackrobotics.com/index.htm

I'm gonna throe an email to them. It says works on SOME HD's.

BTW it's a great product if it works for the HD's as some of my friends are using them.

Old 02-23-2006, 09:08 PM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am still completely stock, and I have not heard my front breaks make any noise at all. Then again, I have had the radio on or a CD playing too?? Maybe I should turn the volume down next time out. Did another 40 miles or so today. It was a tad bit chilly at 35 degrees out there, but I am getting closer to the 800 miles for Dyno Time and new PIPES!!

Bob

ORIGINAL: Streetrunner

ORIGINAL: HD Renegade

Street

I would like to hear why you are thinking of going with a Mustang Seat and getting away from the Sundowner seat? I have not heard any noise from my front breaks at all. As you say a lot of it is cosmetic, and can be worked out too.

Bob

Bob, I seem to get a buzz in the crotch area with the Sundowner seat. Although some riders may enjoy this, LOL! I find it annoying. I have found that if I remove the seat and bend the tongue that holds the seat in place the buzz will subside for a little while. Ever since I installed SE slipons the vibration on my bike have increased. This magnified the seat buzz.
I have been to the dealer and asked to sit on othe EG's with similar pipes and noticed that the pillow type seats are thicker and resonate less vibration. This is what started me thinking about changing my Sundowner. Incidently, I do not get this buzz with the stock seat.
I contacted Mustang, spoke with their rep. What he had to say made a lot of sense. He spoke about quality and also the fact that Mustang seats are mouted with rubber dampeners.
I also spoke with Doug from this forum. He has a SG with the Mustang seat. I'm sure you have seen a pic of his bike in one of the threads. Anyway he spoke very favorable of the seat so I may give it a try that is, after I work out some of my driveability issues.

Regarding the front brake; all I can say is it sings to my. This is my second SG in the past 6 months, the first one had the same problem with the brake. I must admit this new SG does not squeal as load but I think that's because I have louder pipes! lol!

Frank

ORIGINAL: Streetrunner

Bob, I share most of your opinions especially the windshield (for winter I'm running with a 12", great protection) and the floorboards. Would actually like a board with a little more size and vibration absorbtion. I have a Sundowner seat but am thinking about changing to a Mustang.
These things are just cosmetic and are easy to fix. My real issues and concerns are centered around the SG's driveability. Namely the "Heat management System", lean running conditions, squealing front brake etc.
etc.
With all this moaning, I still love my SG! I'll make it right sooner or later!